GoogleMaps StreetView uk now online

GrumpyCat

Just remembered this, Mrs Trigger managed to get this photo of the driveway on Sunday, It's still not a great photo mind. There was another Marcos the other side but i was driving to fast to get that.

Posted Image

Anyway more pressing matters, I passed this yellow spots car sitting in this garden on the same day, It looks like it's been there a little while.

I told the man with the Iso Rivolta about it thinking it might be the same car but I'm not sure it is now, Anyone fancy a guess?.

Posted Image

Christ! Who leaves a Montreal dumped on some grass?! If I had one of those I would park it in the living room, they're probably the most handsome motor ever made. I'd love one.

They used to fetch around £25k i think but I believe prices have fallen a bit. It's still worth good money but I fear it'll be needing some serious attention if it's been sat there for some time. They rot like any other Alfa.

I recently saw one in some really pathetic state (loads of bits missing off it, non-runner) and it was still something like £6K.

I have decided that if there is ever a SE Autoshite meet that it will have to be set in Jaywick near Clacton.

After my little drive there at the weekend and seeing all the tat i decided to have a better look on streetview as some of the roads where so bad i darned take my car up them.

Many of the roads in Jaywick are named after famous car brands, you have Rover Ave, Buick Ave, Morris Ave, Fiat Ave etc. lots of them, It has something to do with the Londoners that holidayed there in it's heyday back in the 1930's and 40's, Many of them bought holiday homes and stayed there but now the place is a dive with the conual wanting to flatten many parts of it and starting again,

It well worth looking on streetview for yourselfs. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=j ... 3&t=h&z=16

These are within a 2 miles (If that) area. Enjoy the photos. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is as far as the google car goes up this road, I guess the mad man set this dog on him!. :shock:

Posted Image

What do you think this is?., A VW LT?.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice garden.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Garage had stacks of alloys and tires outside on Sunday.

Posted Image

Scrappy next door, Red Rolls Royce on top of heap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice garden x2

Posted Image

The man loves the Land Rovers.

Posted Image

Triumph Dolomite Sprint?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd actually live there, I love those old diliapidated old pre-fab shacks that have fallen into total disrepair. I'd never come out of my house except to go and buy my fags and never talk to anyone. And i'd start to hoard something ridiculous like old stel railings, or gearboxes, and fill my property up with them. and stop shaving. the life of shitey!

Blimey those houses look a state.I checked out the property avilable on Rightmove for Jaywick, the most expensive was £225k and those sort of places you've picked out start around £45k. Couldnt see much shite on Rightmove's pics though.

I'd actually live there, I love those old diliapidated old pre-fab shacks that have fallen into total disrepair. I'd never come out of my house except to go and buy my fags and never talk to anyone. And i'd start to hoard something ridiculous like old stel railings, or gearboxes, and fill my property up with them. and stop shaving. the life of shitey!

God, me too, sounds ideal.I'm sure soon some London tossers called Sophia and Rupert will find and gentrify/ruin it.

We stayed in one of those Jaywick mini-bungalows on summer holiday back in 1970. The property was called Humpty Briggs for whatever reason, the address was 21 Singer Avenue.I was only 9 at the time but one one memory I do have of that week is the revolting smell from the 'honey wagon' that used to call every morning to empty the outside bogs!