Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

Oooh I might remember a chat which means I might know what it is now (but knowing you it could be something else so I won't get too excited) 

Pez station shot (if I'm right there might be a couple) 

YES.

My guess was bang on, but I wasn't to spoil the surprise!

What an absolute old gem (the car, that is). I think I only have one suitable response for this one:

1081318942_fuckingspectacular.gif.d0fb04aa317a33140a403ac77b3b8501.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

IMG_20230727_162216.jpg

Oh Fuck yeah! I dont think its *quite* the one I was thinking of, but it aint far off :) ( @Saabnut should know what I mean by mention of the streetlight/floodlight comment!)

I hope its got a tow bar on the back for taking the boat places, and the trailer for collecting more cars! :mrgreen: gotta make sure its a practical car now! I mean can you imagine how badly the internet would break for example, if you used it to tow something suitably shite :) 

if someone said "I just saw a Citroen Visa on a trailer being towed by a Rolls Royce 20/25(?)" I dont think anyone would believe you! 

very much looking forward to more on it! yeah some might say its not very autotshite, but I think it IS autoshite by way of being owned by a fellow shitter, you know that the car will be used and wont just be hidden away in an underground collection somewhere

and I really look forward to seeing what one of this is like to use "daily" so to speak :)  

as a side note ALWxxx registration mark is London, September 1933 issue, 1933 is when London Transport was formed, so extra bonus points there :) 

Hang on, my guess might not've been quite right... There's an important detail missing that would exclude it from being what I thought. I've got the time period pretty right though!

So go on then... what is it?

Never mind, I think it is what I thought, but just a different example of the same thing. I'm hoping Emily is in the glovebox?

• Like 1

christopher you are indeed a nutter/fond of petrol stations/hooligan/completely normal

now it really is gerrorf moi laaaaaaand :D

do we have to prove we aint peasants sir when we visit :P

I trust that you have also acquired the correct attire and headwear for the loyal retainer to enable him to perform his chauffeuring duties for Lord and Lady 6C on their formal engagements.
I am, as always, at your disposal M'lud and M'Lady.

2 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

I trust that you have also acquired the correct attire and headwear for the loyal retainer to enable him to perform his chauffeuring duties for Lord and Lady 6C on their formal engagements.
I am, as always, at your disposal M'lud and M'Lady.

this has to happen if just for lolz

What in the name of Edwardian animal abuse is that? 

It looks like it was stolen from the set of a non-canonical Pertwee-era Dr Who film, possibly starring Roy Castle. 

I can't cope with anything pre-1960 but hats off to you for wrapping your arms around the old girl (the blue car, not @Mrs6C). 

14 minutes ago, SiC said:

Bentley 3½ Litre I think?

Rolls 20/25 I think, not the Bentley equivalent as they have a more curved grille top. 

It's missing its Spirit of Ecstasty, I hope that's somewhere safe. 

• Like 2