Eyersey1234

Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Guest Hooli

Something stuck in it? I'd fill it with WD40 as it might just be a build up of dirt you can flush out.

Tailgate struts seem a common problem on these! Had to do them on my mk1. Actually, had to do them twice as the first replacement set only lasted about 18 months. Second lot seem better.

Tailgate struts seem a common problem on these! Had to do them on my mk1. Actually, had to do them twice as the first replacement set only lasted about 18 months. Second lot seem better.

Didn't know they were a common problem, thanks mrbenn

The Focus appears to be losing water somewhere although there's no sign of a leak that I can see. Don't think it's OMGHGF as there is no gunge in either the coolant or oil and the car isn't overheating. Any fellow shiters have any ideas?

No sign of any leaks that I can see. Having left it for half an hour earlier coolant was draining back into the header tank. Anyone know if this is normal for Foci? It seems to still be using a bit but nowhere near as much as it was.

Bugger. Not an airlock, there seems to be a leak somewhere down the back of the engine. Been given some radweld to put in to hopefully seal the leak as unlikely to be economic to repair properly. Also needs new rear brakes so booked in for those on Wednesday.