Eyersey1234

Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Thanks mrbenn. All I could see was a dripping from the back of the engine when looking underneath the car. The fitter at work gave me some radweld to put in it which seems to have stopped it leaking for now, so hopefully I won't need to keep topping it up every day now.

Current thinking regarding the leak is it could be a pipe to either the heater matrix or the turbo that's leaking. It's possible its the heater matrix itself but the carpets are dry so unlikely.

Since one of my workmates helped me changed the bonnet lock the car has thought the bonnet is open when it isn't. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? Also is it part of the MOT? Thanks.

Since one of my workmates helped me changed the bonnet lock the car has thought the bonnet is open when it isn't. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? Also is it part of the MOT? Thanks.

Does it use an alarm switch to tell if the bonnet is open? Have you got it in the right place or maybe damaged it putting the bonnet lock on?

The coolant leak turned out to be a pipe, owing to needing the car back tonight a temporary repair was done. When I can spare the car for a couple of days it will be going back in to be sorted properly

Had a ride out up to Hadrians Wall on Sunday and covered over 350 miles. The car clicked over 180k on the run up though I was unable to get a photo as I was on the motorway at the time.

25 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

Looking good!

I like how you've also managed to get a mk1 Focus in shot 😀

Thanks, the Mk1 being in shot was unintentional, would have been even better if they were parked next to each other lol

Seems to pick up a lot better now the hose has been replaced and nowhere near as much smoke either, though I suspect it will take a few days for it to fully clear itself out. 

How accurate do other Foci owners find the fuel consumption on the on board computer? I was giving it a blast on the a63 earlier to clear it out a bit and it reckoned it was doing high 40s mpg in 3rd at 70mph, that can't be right surely?