Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - what date should the next FoD be?

Six-cylinder

On 7/28/2023 at 2:29 PM, quicksilver said:

I've got a mental picture of it looking like an Indian train with people crowded on the roof and hanging off the sides, one occasionally falling off and getting left behind.

Sir has indeed purchased himself a most excellent conveyance.

Like Omar sharif and the resistance fighters in the yellow rolls Royce!

IMG_0529.png

• Like 3

On 7/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, Six-cylinder said:

@Slowsilver helped me move the Biturbo to storage this afternoon to make more room for the 20/25. I felt it was only fair to give him first ride in the 20/25.

Armed with a printout on how to cold start your 20/25 I set about getting it started. Having had it on charge since last night the starter flung the engine over with enthusiasm. Trouble was it would only run using the starter carb which you are not suppose to use for more than 30 secs.  

Slowsilver noticed the knurled lid of the carburettor piston housing had vibrated lose and unscrewed slightly allowing the vacuum within to be compromised, the piston therefore did not rise and the slow running jet did not operate as intended.

This repair is of course considered to just be the normal duties of a chauffeur! (thank you slowsilver for your diagnosis and repair, you have saved the car from being unusable this weekend)

The plan now is to take slowsilver out for an evening run after rush hour.

IMG_20230728_174803 broad.jpg

IMG_20230728_174758 broad.jpg

Ah, so like mrs fforbes Hamilton, you got a little man from the village round to fox it!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

£1400 you must be joking,  as much as I would like a dress uniform for my car if that is the cost it is no go. I may have bought a Rolls Royce but I am still a shiter at heart. Please can everybody keep an eye out on there local Freecycle site!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

what a cracking purchase. Well played sir.

How about

0191D528-02AD-4BE1-923A-E0D80721F4B7.thumb.jpeg.2a61e5f1c456cc898aca89a761abaf57.jpeg

No. Thought probably not.

One of these and a rattle can from poundland?

370540DD-DCC4-47C8-884C-51B9B2A210A7.thumb.jpeg.b5217d271f209d1249545d833fbf9f76.jpeg

The radiator base cap alone is £240 without the lady so I need to stumble upon a bargain.

8 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

what a cracking purchase. Well played sir.

How about

0191D528-02AD-4BE1-923A-E0D80721F4B7.thumb.jpeg.2a61e5f1c456cc898aca89a761abaf57.jpeg

No. Thought probably not.

One of these and a rattle can from poundland?

370540DD-DCC4-47C8-884C-51B9B2A210A7.thumb.jpeg.b5217d271f209d1249545d833fbf9f76.jpeg

1 minute ago, Six-cylinder said:

The radiator base cap alone is £240 without the lady so I need to stumble upon a bargain.

Lalique is quite the bargain compared to whatshername.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204412316736?hash=item2f97ec6c40:g:agYAAOSwZI5ksyWP&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwH0fQra8aO5liYIsPm1MnrKPwdPMlAq8tnJy5v3xbPTYONh%2FXH7kx30vXwsprjKkDXI7euWscTi0nfwdYLOPPnNQFGVREeEgEfqP44fLCgxU6FYsGZWKlfWmf8G%2FMu6MfQOsbW10ojOCpauRT0gVTgpENLUJYAvtzcmvUFGslxJOvyM9HrVduGpM%2B1lg%2B5LrFH5sFNlxOm8JypCzu%2BeNl33ECWQjF3lE7FXqLeR9Ng7aEwn21C%2B9kL8FVFIf7VnQWw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7btufa0Yg

IMG_0530.png

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Today!

IMG_20230730_125749 broad.jpg

Does it have an extendable luggage rack for your wicker hampers?

Just now, richardmorris said:

Does it have an extendable luggage rack for your wicker hampers?

Yes that came with it, but it is currently not fitted.

Just now, Six-cylinder said:

It's THE lady or nothing for me!

Please can your check the dustbins at Windsor Castle for a proper one!

I seem to remember that they didn’t have a mascot originally as Royce looked down on them, then when customers started putting their own on it was rolls that decided they needed their own.

1 minute ago, Six-cylinder said:

Lovely brown leather.

20058577-10.jpg

20058577-21.jpg

20058577-11.jpg

20058577-15.jpg

Gentleman’s club! None of your common black muck!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

20058577-21.jpg

20058577-15.jpg

That's got to be more comfy than a lot of sofas! Come to think of it, a nicer place to be than many living rooms.

9 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

That's got to be more comfy than a lot of sofas! Come to think of it, a nicer place to be than many living rooms.

Nicer leather than my sofas! I can’t see the drinks cabinet with the crystal decanters, but I’m sure the faithful old retainer will be able to restock the rear seats momentarily.

• Like 1

Just reading up on the sales blurb. Churchill connection too, but that could just mean he left cigar holes in the upholstery.

black RR not red I see. I think 33 was the change over year.

• Haha 1

That Carlton estate is very luckie @ianbmw wants it to live so much when he saw the weather forecast for this afternoon was rain he abandoned his wife, children and even his dog to come over this morning for round 2 of fix the Carlton.

We were rewarded by the first start up with no rattles or nasty noises. We only ran it very briefly because the cooling system was not connected up. 

There will need to be a round 3 sometime next week.

IMG_20230730_111922 broad.jpg

IMG_20230730_113415 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Open Weekend 12/13 August, Fish and Chips collected by Rolls Royce!
6 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

£1400 you must be joking,

That's a fairly rare "kneeling" SOE, I'm not sure which type is correct for your car but there weren't many kneeling ones so that's unlikely to be right. However I wouldn't know which type is correct or how you could even find out! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crackers said:

That's a fairly rare "kneeling" SOE, I'm not sure which type is correct for your car but there weren't many kneeling ones so that's unlikely to be right. However I wouldn't know which type is correct or how you could even find out! 

Wasn't the original Lord Montague's secretary? Doubt she'd be kneeling, but you never know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 20/25 would not have a kneeling one, just a standard. Last time I looked about 10 years ago, an original SOE was around a grand, with made in taiwan type replicas at around 2-300 quid. The SOE on both my 34 Sports Saloon and my 35 Limo are identical. Will take pics when I get home for reference.

• Like 3

On the mascot front, all you need to do is pop down to you local trophy shop and take your pick.

This is my personal favourite.

image.thumb.jpeg.d19d4bfe51b9d7ed721bac2d36ebcc24.jpeg

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

On the mascot front, all you need to do is pop down to you local trophy shop and take your pick.

This is my personal favourite.

image.thumb.jpeg.d19d4bfe51b9d7ed721bac2d36ebcc24.jpeg

It's THE Lady or nothing for me!

Last day of July and it is raining again!

Well the good news is the Met office forecast for the Field of Dreams open weekend is sunshine all the Way.

Remember if it is dry then you will get to see all mine and Mrs6C toys that run all lined up in the FoD, you can move them around so you only photograph the ones you like or group them together for themed shots.

So cancel luxury holidays and come and sit in a field with us 12/13 August. We have the large field fire pit and a Rolls Royce to collect our Fish & Chip suppers!

Day/evening visitors also welcome. Bring your family, bring your pets.

Roll up, roll up the more the merrier. You are welcome to come and camp for an extended stay if you wish. In fact it would be useful to have some extra drivers on Friday to start to move the cars from my storage and house.

How much is this spectical with extensive camping grounds going to cost, it’s an Autoshiters favourite price Free

Plenty of room for caravans and RVs and no rules to say no car camping. We have mains water and a composting toilet.

Just pm me for the address. Or any questions.

z BBC weather forecast.jpg