Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - It's not what you think!

Six-cylinder

Given the average speed of traffic on that stretch of the 421 I would have thought a 125cc scooter would be fine - an Aprilia should be able to buzz along at 60.  Not sure I'd want to tackle the MK roundabouts on it mind.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:48 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I was thinking more about riding to Buckingham, Milton Keynes if the weather is beautiful!

google dromara destroyers :D

also there are people that do what ive done there on c90s :D

you have no excuse

smallest bike entered last year was a ct90

11 minutes ago, hairnet said:

google dromara destroyers :D

also there are people that do what ive done there on c90s :D

you have no excuse

smallest bike entered last year was a ct90

Yes I did google it as I didn't have a clue what you where referring too.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:18 AM, hairnet said:

Who is the old man trying to steal the hubcaps :D

That’s no old man. That’s the faithful old retainer @Slowsilver !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m possibly passing that weekend, but after a trip to north wales for Mothering Sunday I need to stop in oxford on the way back to swap with my sisters captur to bring here to get my mechanic to fix it.

12 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Own up. Is that a recent photo?

March 2009! I over indulged in the pub one night with some friends and hatched up a plan to ride mopeds to the Isle of man TT. In the morning riding 200 miles each way on mopeds did not seem such a good idea, but one of the guys came up with a solution to load the mopeds into his Dodge Ram pickup and unload them when we got to the Isle of Man. We all got mopeds including me buying the Honda. I geared myself up for the trip, then we had a drop out who owned the pickup and the trip was over before it started.

I rode the Honda a few times locally, but did not enjoy being passed by lorries 1 foot away at 50 mph on the A421. I took it out to some county lanes thinking this is nice and then a Audi TT passed my doing at least 80 mph and I hung up my helmet.

12 hours ago, richardmorris said:

That’s no old man. That’s the faithful old retainer @Slowsilver !

He thought it was strange I made him ride with a protective cushion under his coat!

P1010159 broad.jpg

One* of my New Year's Resolutions was to attend the FoD this year... of course the first time it's open I'm at college but oh well. Plenty more opportunities ahoy.

29 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

One* of my New Year's Resolutions was to attend the FoD this year... of course the first time it's open I'm at college but oh well. Plenty more opportunities ahoy.

Yes the next days I have pencilled in are 16/17 April subject to weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Honda express takes me back a bit. I did my original CBT 16 years ago on one of them! I seem to remember it could barely muster 30mph 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

The Honda express takes me back a bit. I did my original CBT 16 years ago on one of them! I seem to remember it could barely muster 30mph 😅

it was not just my excess weight then!:D

3 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

9 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

it was not just my excess weight then!:D

They are slow AF.  The one I had would only do 28 and it was screaming its tits off at that speed.

• Like 1

Pencil us in for a daytrip down! Too early for the Tavria to be remotely working, but the BMW or MX-5 can go for a jaunt

• Like 2

Six Cylinder dances with the Devil again!

Another change for me to keep up with the modern world presented itself and I have a Mini e on loan.

Effortless strong performance, comfortable driving position and seats, looks good. I like the little Heads Up display screen that puts up the number just in the right place below my normal looking area. I do like those rear lights. I could easily live with the Mini e.

It has a cheapness about some things such as Manual seats in top spec level 3 model, a small mainly black & white handbook just shows a bit of penny pinching has gone on with a car that costs £35,000 pounds.

When I picked it up it said I had 86 miles range with 96% charge. Figures state a range of 140-145 miles on a full charge. I have done 58 miles so far and the range has dropped from 86 miles to 35 miles so 58 miles has cost 57% of the battery capacity. I am not sure if I could live with a range of less than 100 miles.

The picture I have parked in the street shows I parked well clear of the kerb to make sure there was no damage to those vulnerable 17 inch alloy wheels!

IMG_20220307_111249 broad.jpg

IMG_20220307_111141 broad.jpg

IMG_20220307_111349 broad.jpg

IMG_20220307_152609 broad.jpg

IMG_20220307_152605 broad.jpg

IMG_20220307_111415 broad.jpg

IMG_20220307_140423 broad.jpg

• Like 3

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Six Cylinder dances with the Devil again!
20 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

<100 miles is pretty rubbish for a new electric car nowadays.  Also what on earth is all that rubbish around the edge of the central screen?

IMG_20220307_152605 broad.jpg

It went mad when I parked next to the hedge!

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

IMHO those rear lights are great - why did it take the Germans to do it first though?

Imho, those rear lights are shit. I wonder where they are made, and who supplies them to Oxford.  I bet that they are made in Central or Southern Europe. 

These Minis, in petrol form, drive quite well for a Modern. I still don't like the exterior styling but the interior is well thought out and everything falls to hand nicely as it's all physical buttons, what a rarity in 2022!

Only problem is the (proper, lever-operated) handbrake, which is impossible to operate if the car is fitted with a central armrest... although this one looks more like it has an electric parking brake?

Unless I was missing something with the HUD on the one I drove, it was completely obscured by the wheel when I had the seat lowered down to my preferred position and the wheel adjusted accordingly.

I still don't like the rear lights but never mind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Imho, those rear lights are shit. I wonder where they are made, and who supplies them to Oxford.  I bet that they are made in Central or Southern Europe. 

Not often that we disagree. Seeing the flag makes me smile tho.

Normal service has resumed!

I took the Mini e back today. I loved driving it but the range is so dismal that I could not live with it. 85 mile range is just not enough.

I collected the Clio from it overnight stay with the BMWs, it defiantly felt a bit noisier and flimsy lighter compared with the Mini. Still a useful little car that will do 70 mph on a duel carriageway and more when I visit Mexico!

IMG_20220308_100807 broad.jpg

• Like 2

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Normal service has resumed!
23 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

... a car that costs £35,000 pounds.

When I picked it up it said I had 86 miles range with 96% charge. Figures state a range of 140-145 miles on a full charge...

This is 2022! What are they doing trying to flog this? Those figures are shocking! 

Who buys this and not a Leaf with 200+ miles range?

Oh yeah, twats, that's who.