Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Aye Velar is a new thing. Mums cousin has been doing a bit of work for JLR and I've been sent a couple of pics of them, from some distance though. Seems to be smaller than an RR but bigger than a Freelander or something (suspect it could be related to the F-Pace?)

post-16950-0-74631100-1501497372_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-64388600-1501497378_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-25148900-1501497384_thumb.jpg

post-16950-0-14071900-1501497389_thumb.jpg

This is, apparently, a Lister Le Mans. Never heard of them before last weekend. 7 litres, twin supercharged, 600bhp. If you squint there's an XJS lurking in there somewhere.

I'm now having man dreams about a Lister Lynx Le Mans Eventer. Nurse!

• Like 3

^ I'm a little perturbed by the onlooker of the Lister. My mate's best man is six foot, built like a brick in a shit house, and works in a timber yard. I found out recently that his best man is now called Letitia, wears heels, and poses provocatively on Instamagram.

Sorry for rambling.

• Like 3

Back in the early 90's my oppo at work bought a Lister XJS new. To commute around Croydon.... Useless.

I got around much quicker in a Daytona yellow Fiat 500, boot sign written "Yabba dab a do". And had more fun.

Mind, it was awesome..

• Like 2

It just looks like an XJ-S in a bad bodykit to me.

I can only but wholeheartedly agree with the above statement..

The XJS., whether you happen to like its style, is at least elegant ..but this combines the very worst styling tips from rubber bumper compliance, American clip-on wheel rims, the plastic abortions of massively untalented kit-car builders, Essex boy's cardboard templated wheel arches, and the Daimler Dart's front edge of the bonnet. 

But that's just my opinion :mrgreen:  

Nevertheless, def the worse Lister I've ever seen - I'd rather be seen in a 1970's Skoda or an Citroen Ami-super, at least then I'd have austerity as an excuse for displaying such abominable taste..

FCF 3 must stand for something appropriate ?

^ Deleted.. :oops:

My father used to say "If you have nothing positive to say ..then don't speak"   :cry:

..and I have absolutely nothing positive to say about that car's styling*. :neutral:

• Like 1

I have been looking for a new old van / pickup for work and popped on to ebay usa as imported 50s pickups seem awfully expensive over here... so I was thinking of buying one in the states and importing it myself, anyway one of these came up on the search... OMFG my want level has never been so high....

Chevrolet SSR ...It is a pickup... with a 6 litre V8... and it is a hard top folding convertible Wow just wow...Now where can I get a " my other car is a PT Cruiser sticker " ??

post-18157-0-98664600-1502519264_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I saw one of those at Pitsford Reservoir near Northampton a few months ago (or last year?).  It got a lot of attention with its V8 burble, folding hardtop and 'not one of the sheep' styling.  I posted a library pic on here somewhere - maybe in this thread.

Edit. Search comes up with a post I made on 6th Jan 2015 in this thread - but I can't find the actual post.  Must be too early in the day for my brain.

Until quite recently I had no idea that a florian existed. As per usual when I hear about a model not sold in the UK, I then went off and read up on t'internet about it, and now have a fair amount of want.

• Like 2

I have been looking for a new old van / pickup for work and popped on to ebay usa as imported 50s pickups seem awfully expensive over here... so I was thinking of buying one in the states and importing it myself, anyway one of these came up on the search... OMFG my want level has never been so high....

Chevrolet SSR ...It is a pickup... with a 6 litre V8... and it is a hard top folding convertible Wow just wow...Now where can I get a " my other car is a PT Cruiser sticker " ??

A local tyre place has one of them in bright yellow. They also have a 1950s Chevy pickup. Me and 17-Coffees have met the owner, he's a bit of a wideboy but major respect for his choice of promo vehicles!

I was wondering ..

How come consumers in the UK, or perhaps vehicle marketing, don't go for crew cabs light trucks in a big way.?  They are very common indeed in Germany, Holland, and I'm sure other European & Asian countries, and are even common in the US as four door version of their pick up truck.  But here in the UK - they're pretty unusual.  Are UK work practices so different that the extra crew are not needed ?  or perhaps it is an insurance thing ?

I think it's a living standard and snobbery thing, in poorer countries having a vehicle that can be used for both work and domestic duties is a major advantage. Even in Europe particularly the countries you mention , people ( generalising, obviously) are more practical and don't see the point in buying two vehicles when a Kombi Transporter or Vito will do a perfectly adequate job of transporting the family from Aldi to the perfectly sensible apartment , leaving more money for beer or holidays.

Could you imagine how the average British family would respond to hearing the Qashqai and A5 were going and everyone can go to Westfield or Nandos in Dad's Vivaro? Let alone the net curtain twitching it would cause in the Close.

if I got rid of my Shitroen Ami  and bought something like that Nissan Trade - I reckon my neighours would be pleased that things were taking a turn and going upmarket :mrgreen:

Doing home visits in a dementia-inducing 70s bungalow estate, drove past one of these. Thought someone had stuck a streetwise bodykit on a Twingo.

Aixam crossline.

All of your winter fuel payment, none of the style.

H88-Aixam-sm.jpg

I think it's a living standard and snobbery thing, in poorer countries having a vehicle that can be used for both work and domestic duties is a major advantage. Even in Europe particularly the countries you mention , people ( generalising, obviously) are more practical and don't see the point in buying two vehicles when a Kombi Transporter or Vito will do a perfectly adequate job of transporting the family from Aldi to the perfectly sensible apartment , leaving more money for beer or holidays.

Could you imagine how the average British family would respond to hearing the Qashqai and A5 were going and everyone can go to Westfield or Nandos in Dad's Vivaro? Let alone the net curtain twitching it would cause in the Close.

having driven a new nvivarotrafic300 it didnt seem to hard to imagine a nicely spec'd crew-cab one as the family horse

A school-mate came from a big family.   So big that Dad had a Commer PB minibus to ferry them all about in.  Many scoffed but I was deeply envious....

• Like 2

This isn't a car, it's a truck.  I fell into a research hole about COE trucks in America, since they're as much of an oddity there as Conventionals are here in the UK.  This here is a 1960s GMC Aluminium tilt-cab, also known as the GMC Crackerbox.  It's noisey, SQUARE and kind of adorable.

page04.jpg

Ridiculous 10 speed gearbox and the fantastic sounding Detroit diesel.

• Like 8

That's a rebadged Micra...

I've just seen the new Micra for the first time - as ugly as an ugly thing, they start at £11,995  the top-of-the-range is 'from' £17,435. Can you believe it? It's a flippin' Micra for heavens sake.

can't get a picture to download, but if you're brave have a look at this - https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/micra.html

I've just seen the new Micra for the first time - as ugly as an ugly thing, they start at £11,995  the top-of-the-range is 'from' £17,435. Can you believe it? It's a flippin' Micra for heavens sake.

can't get a picture to download, but if you're brave have a look at this - https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/micra.html

I have to wonder what happened to the Civic too.

honda-civic_5.jpg?itok=kxPaRm__

Stumbled across this gormless Micra thing today. At first I thought someone had been busy with some DIY surgery but it turns out to be a JDM production model. There's a whole slew of bizarre retro Micras including three different ones with Vanden Plas ADO16 front ends!

36751590962_346d027040_c.jpg

1996 Autech Nissan March Tango by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

• Like 1