Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Went to university with quite a few affable Greeks, as I understand it Malaka is an all purpose swear word that can mean more than it's literal meaning. A bit like Putain in French.

On 05/01/2024 at 16:48, Remspoor said:

Opel Kadett Aero C.

spacer.png

Built by  Baur Bodywork in Stuttgart . Only 1,332 examples were built.

spacer.png

A lad I used to be at school with moved here from Germany in the early 80's and his mutti brought one of these with them. He was given it when he passed his test. Never seen another since it rotted to pieces by the early 90's. :(

• Like 2

New one on me 🤔 ( copied info ) 
Here’s something just a bit unusual we have never seen - this is a Hyundai Ford cortina , back when Hyundai started making cars they built the cortina in Korea there’s hardly any left, but if you know your history the later stellar is actually a cortina Ford never made, with a Mitsubishi engine in ! Just something a bit different …..Mitsubishi had shares in Hyundai motor company hence so much Japanese tech , and of course the early pony bore a lot of resemblance using loads of Ford bits

416012757_388816320270628_7714969745852462411_n.jpg

• Like 6

Est was even weirder  as it was the saloon with the estate rear grafted on ( but it had to be shortened to fit as the rear over hang was roughly 4 in longer than the saloon).

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 23:22, Rusty Pelican said:

New one on me 🤔 ( copied info ) 
Here’s something just a bit unusual we have never seen - this is a Hyundai Ford cortina , back when Hyundai started making cars they built the cortina in Korea there’s hardly any left, but if you know your history the later stellar is actually a cortina Ford never made, with a Mitsubishi engine in ! Just something a bit different …..Mitsubishi had shares in Hyundai motor company hence so much Japanese tech , and of course the early pony bore a lot of resemblance using loads of Ford bits

In the '80s CAR magazine had descriptions of all the current cars. The one for the Stella read "Exhumed Cortina"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

In the '80s CAR magazine had descriptions of all the current cars. The one for the Stella read "Exhumed Cortina"

Can you remember which was the cheap drag queen?

51 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Was it the Capri 1.6L?

It was much later Evo I was remembering

Screenshot_20240109-131251.png

image.thumb.png.3dc040b96ca2e57a27e868c71ea8a73a.png

image.thumb.png.11514d671e106d3acceb52dff7dfee2e.png

From 1939 the Moscerino (Mosquito) streamliner with either a modified FIAT 500 or Norton Cammy 348cc engine, designed by Raffaele Cecchini, who attempted to set speed records on the Firenze-Mare autostrada on May 25th 1939.

image.thumb.png.9decac7881efd8b05a250560e9ca7895.png

The ZAZ Tavria is well known in this parish. But did you know about the 'liftback' version, the ZAZ-1103 Slavuta? Here's one in Damascus.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, loserone said:

It was much later Evo I was remembering

Screenshot_20240109-131251.png

I never read EVO as I thought it was just a copy of what CAR had been doing for years before.

Stellantis gonna Stellantis - we don't have enough confusing cars - ok let's take the Alfa Tonale and put it under that famous upmarket* Dodge brand - I know, we'll call it 'the Hornet'. US/Canada only.

I think the USP of the Hornet is it comes in non-hybrid version.

001-2024-dodge-hornet-rt-front-three-qua

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Complete Kit Car on Twitter posting some freaky shite at the moment. Here, have this Jimp;

image.thumb.png.549b00d1919f714e4f288dcfbba0ba1e.png

I thought Gimp began with a G.

ugly fugly incoming!!!

never seen one before 

found it for sale on FB marketplace 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7104322799629563/

I am selling the iconic FSR TARPAN 233 car, manufactured in 1978. The car was purchased from the first owner, it has been in a barn for the last 20 years, which means it is in perfect technical and body condition. During use, the owner changed the color of the car completely to blue (originally aquamarine with serial number 180). The car drives, turns and brakes, I have a service book and several service receipts.

Tarpan

FSR Tarpan is a Polish pick-up truck and delivery truck manufactured by Fabryka Samochodow Rolniczych (FSR) "Polmo" in Antoninek near Poznań. The first copies of this vehicle were built in 1972, and serial production was carried out in the years 1973-1991. The vehicle was powered by various power units with a capacity of 1.5 to 2.5 liters.

Work on the Tarpan car began at the turn of the 1960s and 1970s and the FSR and the Plastic Forming Institute cooperating with the Poznań University of Technology were involved in it. See less

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

21 hours ago, redratbike said:

ugly fugly incoming!!!

never seen one before 

I am selling the iconic FSR TARPAN 233 car, manufactured in 1978. The car was purchased from the first owner, it has been in a barn for the last 20 years, which means it is in perfect technical and body condition. During use, the owner changed the color of the car completely to blue (originally aquamarine with serial number 180). The car drives, turns and brakes, I have a service book and several service receipts.

Tarpan

FSR Tarpan is a Polish pick-up truck and delivery truck manufactured by Fabryka Samochodow Rolniczych (FSR) "Polmo" in Antoninek near Poznań. The first copies of this vehicle were built in 1972, and serial production was carried out in the years 1973-1991. The vehicle was powered by various power units with a capacity of 1.5 to 2.5 liters.

Work on the Tarpan car began at the turn of the 1960s and 1970s and the FSR and the Plastic Forming Institute cooperating with the Poznań University of Technology were involved in it. See less

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

That’s a budget Cybertruck, innit?

On 10/01/2024 at 20:48, redratbike said:

ugly fugly incoming!!!

never seen one before 

Tarpan

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2215.jpeg

IMG_2214.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

"See less"

Yes, that would be preferable.

• Haha 2

Did you know that Ducati of radio, electronic components and, oh yes, motorbike fame may have also built Triumph cars, Spitfires and Heralds, at the famous Panigale factory?  MCN reckon they did - https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/december/mcn-plus---ducatis-triumph-secret/image.thumb.png.26727602ece9b589c53aaa2bf7bd0247.png

image.thumb.png.f9909f9164ff8025e43166b5636ef352.png

This Herald Vitesse was for sale, there's some history in the blurb that claims they signed a contract but didn't make any - https://www.finarte.it/auction/collector-cars-online-2021-11-29/triumph-meccanica-ducati-bologna-vitesse-6-69972?lang=en

image.thumb.png.467eee36bd6c0aae78f10305fb6312e2.png

Anyone know whether they did or not?

• Like 2