List of cars scrapped under the scrappage scheme

skattrd

Friend of mine's wife sent in a 40K mile immaculate 206, S reg.  Just madness really.  If it was anything about the environment, you'd have to not buy a new car when you sent an old one in.  I wanted to weigh in my wife's car (at that time a clean Mk3 Astra) instead, then thought of sending in a friends car (200K mile and looked it Astra) and sort of cascading them all but it just got too complicated.

Stix, I could e mail the file to you direct if you like. 

check out all the ways to spell Corolla

TOYOTA COROLLA16V TOYOTA COROLLLA TOYOTA COROLLO TOYOTA COROLLS TOYOTA CORONA TOYOTA corralla TOYOTA corrola TOYOTA CORROLA CD AUTO TOYOTA CORROLLA TOYOTA CORROLLA CD TOYOTA Corrolla Executive TOYOTA CORROLLA GL TOYOTA CORROLLA GS TOYOTA CORROLLA S AUTO TOYOTA Corrolla SE 16V TOYOTA CORRPLA CDX TOYOTA Coupe TOYOTA CPROLLA TOYOTA Cressida TOYOTA Crolla TOYOTA Crolla Kudos Plus
  • Like 2

I cant see the list   , i get a message saying my connection is not private ?   

have i got a virus ?

Were there many Sierra's & Granada's on the list   ?

By my reckoning:

725 Sierras

493 Granadas (inc 233 Scorpio)

I believe they had a similar scheme in the USA where there was an upper age limit of cars which could be scrappaged?! If the government were serious about the environmental effect which was supposed to be one of the reason for it they would have ensured that 10 year old smokey Mondeos were the main target not a 40 year old car which may do 1.000 miles a year.

The fact that it probably did more for the Korean car industry than the British is ironic!

Nothing pre 1984 as far as I remember, think this was 25 years old at the time. Lobbied for by a mixture of custom/hot rod/collectors car groups and trade associations. Personally I think they should have exempted historic tax class cars from the British one.

check out all the ways to spell Corolla

TOYOTA

COROLLA16V

TOYOTA

COROLLLA

TOYOTA

COROLLO

TOYOTA

COROLLS

TOYOTA

CORONA

TOYOTA

corralla

TOYOTA

corrola

TOYOTA

CORROLA CD AUTO

TOYOTA

CORROLLA

TOYOTA

CORROLLA CD

TOYOTA

Corrolla Executive

TOYOTA

CORROLLA GL

TOYOTA

CORROLLA GS

TOYOTA

CORROLLA S AUTO

TOYOTA

Corrolla SE 16V

TOYOTA

CORRPLA CDX

TOYOTA

Coupe

TOYOTA

CPROLLA

TOYOTA

Cressida

TOYOTA

Crolla

TOYOTA

Crolla Kudos Plus

Looks more like a fatfingers eBay search!

SNN0812AZ-682_776467a.jpg

The Mk2 Astra at the bottom left has had a major engine fire by the looks of it. I suspect that's a photo of a scrapyard from about 15 years ago as there is not one newer model than the G reg Sierra, even in the background.

Just one of the many reasons I will never vote Labour. Propping up the Korean car industry with £400 million of borrowed money was one of the worst ideas ever.

And of course, loads of really decent, old cars were crushed as a result. The ones that weren't crushed were left on an airfield to rot, with their identities removed so under the Labour culture of red tape the bureaucrats refused to let them be sold or go back on the road. That Peter Mandelson has a lot to answer for.

• Like 4

What is it with me and long long lists of things? The Missus thinks I have autism as I am spending hours cleaning up the data. I have just cleaned up Mercedes, and noticed 7 280CEW Autos. Are these the mythical open top CE's? 

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/vintagecars-for-sale/rare-mercedes-280-cew/6742728

Most people think it is a fat fingers typo, but SURELY these are worth more than 2k. 

And the Woerthe Light must have looked great rocking up in exchange for a Kia Picanto or something...

17 Integras (including an EX-16) bit the dust. 57 Legends! 260 Concertos. 2 Uno Turbos, 11 X1/9's; a Regata 70 Comfort, a Charade XTE, 2 Charmants, 4 Stellars, an XG30 plenty of interesting stuff.

Probably the only time a Merc 450SLC will be as valuable as a Honda Civic Marlin and a Kia Pride Georgia...

Just one of the many reasons I will never vote Labour.

And its just one of the many reasons I don't even vote any more.   They are not worth the steam off my piss, any of them.   We would be better of with a dog in charge.  I should not have read this thread as I knew it was just going to open up the wound again.   Mind you, I think a lot of the people who weighed in useable cars for a discount even my Granny could have negotiated want looking at as well.  No wonder we get shit government.

• Like 2

What is it with me and long long lists of things? The Missus thinks I have autism as I am spending hours cleaning up the data. I have just cleaned up Mercedes, and noticed 7 280CEW Autos. Are these the mythical open top CE's? 

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/vintagecars-for-sale/rare-mercedes-280-cew/6742728

Funny you should mention the 280CEW. I'd never heard of it but this one I saw yesterday came up on Cartell as a CEW and prompted me to investigate. It looks like a normal coupe so hopefully the W is a typo and the poor things that got scrappaged were also coupes, which is marginally more bearable but still criminal.

15272852749_0795cac412_b.jpg1985 Mercedes-Benz 280CE by quicksilver coaches, on Flickr

Thurleigh Airfield. A "backlog" of 14,000 doomed cars with valid MoTs.

article-1263548-08E83D6E000005DC-498_964

article-1263548-08E83CEF000005DC-949_964

4525800780_cd21213402_z.jpg

_061800.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0144.jpg

_062800.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

miniscrappage-1_zps9f455270.jpg

Can't think there would be much security there... I may go help myself to some 205 bits...

I know that some cars in those pictures aren't desperately exciting - Toyota RAV4, meh - but it's a bloody depressing sight, knowing that all of those mostly-serviceable MoT'd cars were crushed.

Abernyte surely? It was, if you get the original size on Flickr you can read the sticker. The car was like brand new and I think it was the third last surviving Chrysler Horizon in the UK.

4986544921_efc650147c_b.jpgDSC_2607 by RichardB5, on Flickr

What i dont get is the scrappage scheme finished in March 2010, this photo says it was taken in September 2010, could it have been saved??

FFS, how could someone scrap that? You'd think if they just wanted a knacker to beat round the doors for a few hundred quid they'd just have done what everyone else does and buy a K11 Micra or Corsa or something, not scrap a rare car like that.

The thread above is from 2012 so it looks like it survived the gov's Scrappage but not some other one.

That's boiled my piss big time.

I think the person with the Horizon did try to flog it, but had no buyers come forward. A case of an unloved brand sadly.

Whoever took that Horizon to "car take back" is the biggest prick in the world, if not universe. and I DON'T CARE IF HE READS THIS and gets offended.

That Horizon turned out not to be quite as mint as it looked. Later on in that guy's thread on the blue forum, he went to get some parts off it, for his own Horizon. Once the interior was out, you could see that the rear inner arches were almost non-existent, and it was starting to take some of the rear floor with it. A small amount of rot starting in the front end as well IIRC.

To be fair the guys picked the car clean as well, only leaving the (rusty) shell, so at least the majority of the car got salvaged before it got fragged.

• Like 2