Any Problems

daveb47

Can you remove the welcome to Autoshite from every page on the forum. It's not always practical to log in just to read through the forum, and as it's now way too easy to post a reply on every page for a 5 year old, I can really only log in to make a post, and have to lurk as a guest when my little one is about.

We didn't need it on every page of the old forum, and I don't think that we need it now.

Sambas

That way it doesnt get overlooked and staff know it has been done.

Staff!!! Staff!!!!! WTF?

We've had an effing hamster powering this site on its wheel until now and now we have staff?

Yet again, Dave, thank you for the hard work in making the Series 2 with slightly less dodgy electrical connections, better mirrors and a freshly designed dashboard, wiht the same old engine plodding away underneath the slick exterior.

Dave, I can't upload pictures now mate! When I use the little icon (which brings up the box to put the URL in) nothing actually happens.

Dave, I can't upload pictures now mate! When I use the little icon (which brings up the box to put the URL in) nothing actually happens.

i can't upload anything, it keeps saying that the photo is too big for something, every photo!

Me too, happened last night when I was in the middle of uploading a whole heap if them. Looks like this:

post-1381-0-51072600-1371801357_thumb.gif

Ironically, it allowed this small file now. Do we have a personal limit, or limit per day?

I did get a message about reposts in the MGZR thread but I'm at work and using my phone so I can't delete the messages requested until later sorry.

Just to let people know there are scores of spammers trying to post on here, but Dave's system is catching them out. We're currently binning quite a few per day now so (fingers crossed) we can stop them from actually having any posts at all seen on the forum. If any do get through just report them please.

the good news is they will eventually get fed up, takes a bit of time. The bad news is if they get to post (all be it it doesnt get on the forum) the spambot has ticked a box that encourages others to send more spambots this way. Remember you are not dealing with humans here, they dont read or look at the forum, or care about its subject..

Signed up. Tick. Posted. Tick. Job done.......

The way our spam bots work is that if anyone makes a spam post (which will go unpublished) they will be banned and their email/username & ip added to several antispam databases.

If any other website is using same databases then any attempts they make to join will be automatically rejected.

So yes it does seriously slow them down.

Anyone else suffering minor glitches? Sometimes when typing I get the words in slant or underlined lettering when I didn't select that option, other times I lose all the icons ( they go grey and 'unclickable') and other times when typing it sort of automatically jumps to the first line.

Been using a tablet to view the new site over the past few weeks,but finally got round to using a PC tonight. I know I'm at the end of a long line of folk saying this but it looks great! Well done Dave, I'm in awe of anyone who can do this sort of thing.