Any Problems

daveb47

Just to let people know there are scores of spammers trying to post on here, but Dave's system is catching them out. We're currently binning quite a few per day now so (fingers crossed) we can stop them from actually having any posts at all seen on the forum. If any do get through just report them please.

Hi Dave,

Search seems to be broken at the moment - gives an error message Search is not available as the Sphinx API is not available, please contact an administrator about this issue

Also, could you confirm that the NSA does not have a back door into the Autoshite forum?  I would be very concerned if America's finest spies were snooping on suspicious rammell-renovating activity  8)

Erm, I know your probably on bigger fish at the moment but....

image.jpg

Is it possible to have more choice than the previous 3 pages, I'm sure the old form did, like 6 or something. I only really ever notice this on the eBay thread tho

as2.jpg

Also instead of the first 3 pages of the thread, can this give the option of the last few.. again I think the old forum did this.

If I'm being mental please just ignore me.

The new forum is pretty good like taa to all for work that its taken!

That's a valid point, and well made Edd, I agree on that. Perhaps we could have the little box that you could type the page number in, as RRides (used to) have.

Also, I think this new forum has 20 posts per page, instead of the 15 we had before. So my spottings thread now has only 29 pages instead of the 38 it had before, for example.

That's a valid point, and well made Edd, I agree on that. Perhaps we could have the little box that you could type the page number in, as RRides (used to) have.

You have that - click the text that says Page x of x to get the box up.

For me, on rather flakey broadband and 3G, this site is much, much quicker than the old one.  In fact it's an enormous improvement in every way and Dave deserves a Shitehood.

I haven't found any performance issues.

One query though - is there a Preview option for posts? I like to make sure my pic links are working before posting 'live.'

I have just found the button that toggles the code, so you can edit picture links in someone else's posts. This is very useful for quoting folk in Ebay thread, and changing the number at the end of the ebay photo link so the photo is smaller (seems to default at 12 for normal size, but if you change it to 50, you get a smaller pic for your reply).

Thanks for that info Ian.

Yes, there's a [preview post] button right next to the [add reply] button, but you have to click the [more reply options] button before you see it. That opens up a reply page like we had on the old forum.

Not a moan cos I know shit happens with pooters and the like but has anyone else had their account deleted?

I tried to sign in last night and got the "Username/password incorrect" gubbins.

Dave's now given me a new account same username but all service history gone and needs running in :-(

i just had to sign up again as i couldnt remember my password and closed my email that was linked to here.loveing the new site,give yourself a big pat on the back for a very good job dave.well done mate

If you pm me your old email addy i can change it for you and reset your password,maybe merge your new account with old one

Dave, do we have any progress on the over-wide borders issue?

post-1381-0-19135200-1371454656_thumb.gif

It's not a problem for users with big, wide screens, but not us mere mortals with a modest 14 inches. The text is small on this new site, so I have to [ctrl +] zoom in to read it. This makes the banner at the top of each page too wide as you can see on my screenshot, and necessitates a scroll to the right.

Is this caused by the size, or number of these buttons in the banner?

Forums

Members

Gallery

Downloads

Calendar

Homepage

Contact Us

Maybe is you binned off CALENDAR and HOMEPAGE, that could help? (The latter is a duplicate, and we don't need the calendar do we?)

Those deleted would still leave the big empty brown margins of an inch at each side...

Thanks again for your hard work so far.

The first step is to check that you have the correct video drivers installed on your laptop as a 14" screen should easily show complete board without scrolling.

I really dont want to start altering board as homepage is just that and is needed,calender is used for events,birthdays etc,and will probably be used more as people get used to board.