Any Problems

daveb47

If you read the fucking thread, you will see that I am not the one who keeps bringing it up again.

I'm a bit sick and tired of being made some kind of scapegoat for the fact that you and the other two wise men have had a hissy fit.

Along with Studebaker and a number of others, I have made some points about moderation - that is all. I should be able to do that without, as a result, being called every name under the sun by your oafish mate.

I read the fuckin thread,As far as i am concerned the board is currently totally unmoderated,if anyone had a problem with a mod or anyone else they should take it off the board via pm.

forum is no place to air your problems.

This could have been a good board,its only taken a month to wreck it.

i really have no say in this anymore.

Do it your way.

I read the fuckin thread,As far as i am concerned the board is currently totally unmoderated,if anyone had a problem with a mod or anyone else they should take it off the board via pm.

forum is no place to air your problems.

This could have been a good board,its only taken a month to wreck it.

i really have no say in this anymore.

Do it your way.

Dave I'm sorry some people have been unreasonable.

Most of us really appreciate all your work.

EFA

Why are you giving them such a shoeing?

Where are the people who went whinging to them about that thread and anything else that they disapproved of?

Shouldnt you be directing your anger at them?

The Mods were put into a difficult position, take a load of shit for doing nothing or take a load of shit for doing something.

I think lots of people agreed with your original sentiment but you have got to stop kicking the crap out of the corpse.

Its dead already.

Why are you giving them such a shoeing?

Where are the people who went whinging to them about that thread and anything else that they disapproved of?

Shouldnt you be directing your anger at them?

The Mods were put into a difficult position, take a load of shit for doing nothing or take a load of shit for doing something.

I think lots of people agreed with your original sentiment but you have got to stop kicking the crap out of the corpse.

Its dead already.

You may have a point. I guess it was just a reaction to the very personal abuse that I got (particularly from Cavette) simply for expressing an opinion in reasonable terms.

I am new on autoshite, but am a long term computer forum user, registered on many sites. This problem of a clash in personalities between staff and members has reared it's head many times. In my unbiased opinion (I have abolutely no links with any user on this forum) all forums require some form of MANAGEMENT. Moderators and staff are an important part of any forum. I have seen chaos were threats have been openly posted on public forums in the past, and seen the aftermath of threats being sent via pm's when folk have bumped into one another at meets and cruises etc. As a result I am of the opinion that subjects of a sensitive nature, or subjects that can spark heated debates need to be 'managed' to maintain a sites credibility. I personally will not use a forum were the members are not 'advised' as to conduct and content. I have seen too many spammers and forum users who like nothing better than to raise hell on sites in years past. In all circumstances, the final say lies with the site owner - who ultimately can discipline staff and user alike if need be. However any such action should be taken and performed in private. Autoshite is a nice refreshing place to be at present. I would hate to see it go the same way I have seen other sites go, were the alienation and targeting of individuals, resulted in the bad feeling killing a site. Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion, and they are entitled to express those opinions, but not when offence can be taken. I personally refuse to enter into heated debates and stir up trouble, but some folk do for kicks. Anyway, good luck autoshite, I look forward to many more articles, features, and general old school motoring shite in the future.