The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle and text

Got pulled over today, for being too cool in a built up area. 

4 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle and text

Got pulled over today, for being too cool in a built up area. 

"Do you realise that's not a proper Fizzy sir?" 

2 minutes ago, Iamgroot said:

Did they think you should have had an l plate?

Probably doing 59 in a 30 zone. 

It is a Fizzy after all... 

2 minutes ago, Iamgroot said:

He said it was just a random check and didn't seem arsed about my Barry Sheen attempt at a roundabout 1/2 mile away.

Can’t beat a good trip to the island - especially when it’s not actually TT week

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Naturally, when you buy an FJ1200 which has a fubared back wheel and needs fork seals and a front tyre, the only logical option is to graft a thunderace front end onto it and adapt and fit a thundercat back wheel (17" instead of 16" and wider tyres) The thunderace front end bought on eBay for 99p and kindly shitely'd to me by @AnnoyingPentiumIMG_20240622_162634590_HDR.jpg.6c8de8852f306c22a5cbdc21763d61b7.jpg

Yesterday up a mountain currently East of Oxford having a smoke and a stretch curbside.

IMG_0860.jpeg.7768c53c4b8ebecc54c822ad88ad2c7a.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg.87becd45540528d291bd63d2739f7323.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg.190cee9821a2a62b17101ca17b69dbbf.jpeg

Ah not that far East...

• Like 3

On 22/06/2024 at 13:35, Iamgroot said:

On 22/06/2024 at 13:37, UltraWomble said:

"Do you realise that's not a proper Fizzy sir?" 

'fuck me, bit rough lookin for 16 int ya'

• Haha 3

The geezer on this said it was the first one sold in the UK or something. Quite a smart bike to be fair.

May be an image of 2 people, motorcycle and text

The exhaust looks like a vent from an oil refinery though.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

The exhaust looks like a vent from an oil refinery though.

Do they have a catalytic converter fitted? I saw the 302 and hoped it might be cubic inches! 🤣

One of the number plate bracket bolts jumped ship again the other day on the C200.  Most Lambrettas would be proud to shed as many things as this bike does. Have put a longer bolt with a nylock nut on it now, maybe that will do the job? The two float bowl screws are also showing signs of their usual habit of working loose, visible by the small leak of fuel coming from the carb. Again needs longer bolts/screws, but because one doesn't have a nut that isn't helping, so will try and remedy that and use some threadlocker at the same time.

Bitten the bullet with the RD50, the pedals are going to come off as I've bought a front foot peg assembly for it, which arrived today, but fuck knows how it bolts on.

• Like 3

Got one of these exhausts on a bike with a C90 engine...

Up muffler scrambler muffler steel plating black black super cub C50 C – Goods Of Japan

..obvs. they're not and never will be a sport bike, but anyone know if these pipes restrict the performance? It just seems a bit strangled and don't know if the exhaust is the cause, plus it's quite intrusive noise wise. The high level bit is going to be useful once I get round to green-laning and gentle off-roading, but not convinced it's doing the bike any favours. Also does that heat wrap stuff help keep the noise down a bit? Have to admit I think it looks naff, but if it tones the exhaust noise down a bit it'd be a good thing.

TIA, huns.

• Like 1

Heat wrap holds moisture in and rots the pipe. I have a C90 pipe you could try to see if it unleashes the beast from within, think it might be an OE Honda zorst too.

• Like 2

On 28/02/2024 at 12:22, Cavcraft said:

It got a little* more interesting after bouncing it round to line up with the ramp once too many times...

20240129_160943.thumb.jpg.1066b757a502da5caf4073ac000bbb96.jpg

20240129_160949.thumb.jpg.ac545f8e6dadeee96b4e2f3cdca0e6a3.jpg

...the swinging arm snapped.

It was actually worth buying because it turned out they had another bike that was (hopefully) worth getting there, too. More of that later.

What did you end up doing with this bike?

1 hour ago, Snake Charmer said:

What did you end up doing with this bike?

It's actually still here, a small bike place/breaker's yard are having it. They've done me quite a few favours and are currently trying to sort the Excelsior out.

• Like 1