The dash at night

dollywobbler

What does the dashboard say once you've put it into drive? "Depress right hand pedal"?

Information on this dash board should be used as a guide only and should not be relied upon as the sole source of information relating to its content. Additional sources of information may be listed herein. No warranty, either express or implied, is made with respect to the information contained herein. Neither Chrysler Inc. nor FIAT, Inc. is responsible for any loss, inconvenience, damage (whether special or consequential) or claims arising out of the use of the information contained on this dash board.

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Had a free moment with the camera in the dark so had a go at the 740 dash at night. Surprised that no one with more competence from the AS 740 MASSIV had tried, but there you go...

8080935011_bebf44932b_z.jpg

Clocks. Due to a lack of foresight and an abundance of pishing it down I had no tripod, so that's why the fuel gauge is missing. Also, they are turned up that bright at night.

8080934721_3c378082bf_z.jpg

This was in no way an accidental*.

8080934447_fd873f0507_z.jpg

Sodium light for mega funky orange effect.

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Had a free moment with the camera in the dark so had a go at the 740 dash at night. Surprised that no one with more competence from the AS 740 MASSIV had tried, but there you go...

8080935011_bebf44932b_z.jpg

Clocks. Due to a lack of foresight and an abundance of pishing it down I had no tripod, so that's why the fuel gauge is missing. Also, they are turned up that bright at night.

8080934721_3c378082bf_z.jpg

This was in no way an accidental*.

8080934447_fd873f0507_z.jpg

Sodium light for mega funky orange effect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thread from the dead!

Blurry pic, but you get the idea.  Sierra dash with the graphic equaliser lights at the bottom left.  I found out yesterday that the stereo does work after all, but only for tapes, so I sat in the car tonight listening to Pink Floyd's Pulse album.  Missus thinks I'm odd but beats watching telly.

post-5013-0-39005000-1374791746_thumb.jpg

Is it just me or does that speedo look very modern  

An interesting point, well made.

I always thought that they fitted speedo's like that because they were a 90 degree Ometer, which is much, much cheaper than a 270 degree Ometer*

*where the fuck is the degrees symbol on a mac?

An interesting point, well made.

I always thought that they fitted speedo's like that because they were a 90 degree Ometer, which is much, much cheaper than a 270 degree Ometer*

*where the fuck is the degrees symbol on a mac?

Weren't the Yanks the first to use electroluminescence in their dashboards ?

Been looking for a photo of the strip speedo lit up in the 1100, but no joy, and can't go and set one up now, as the dash is in the attic and the shell on its side...

Interesting to compare the average MPG between my old S70 TDi and my current C70 T5 though...

407592_10150491422803843_1550210479_n.jp

487445_10151479034238843_1886731557_n.jp

They cost roughly the same on fuel though! Life's a gas, on lpg.

Been looking for a photo of the strip speedo lit up in the 1100, but no joy, and can't go and set one up now, as the dash is in the attic and the shell on its side...

Interesting to compare the average MPG between my old S70 TDi and my current C70 T5 though...

They cost roughly the same on fuel though! Life's a gas, on lpg.

I didn't think MPG displays would be able to work with gas, is it a factory setup?

Nope it's a Prins VSI system, it's surprisingly accurate actually! I assume the Prins ECU must be able to talk to the car's ECU to make it work, but then again my brother's 05 V70R with BRC system also brings up a fairly accurate MPG readout. Not sure!

All I do know is that the factory setups are pish.