the jaguar xk150 that made it on to the banger track

Guest bangerfan101

That looks like its allready seen the track, briefly mindyou. At some point its already had a door plate on and been sign written, bonnet screwed down and holes in roof sugest a H frame

BIN £8k??? Is he just angling for even more abuse from the XK owners club or what?

Unfortunately not. What's happened here is that the car has already been raced and the seller (along with the idiot who started this thread) won't sell it for that money then will race it and say 'well, none of you car enthusiast types would save it'.

Just another wind up thread by one of the most pointless users this forum has ever encountered. Sorry for the rant though Barrett.

The Chassis has no number or identity.

:roll::roll:

well said - fucking crookss

#cavette, agree with your thoughts here - begs the question - if unrestored XK150s are worth £8k then what the fuck would anyone banger race them for?

I've been tolerant of the OP but am fed up of his drivel - look pal, you have very different interest from us so why don't you fuck off and close the door while you are at it.

BIN £8k??? Is he just angling for even more abuse from the XK owners club or what?

Unfortunately not. What's happened here is that the car has already been raced and the seller (along with the idiot who started this thread) won't sell it for that money then will race it and say 'well, none of you car enthusiast types would save it'.

Just another wind up thread by one of the most pointless users this forum has ever encountered. Sorry for the rant though Barrett.

Aye, that's what I meant. I could just imagine the Jag boys spitting out their pipes in surprise and drying tears with their cravats...

Rant is valid. It was my fault for a) clicking 'display post by this user' out of morbid curiosity and B) actually replying to such a pointless thread

Wasn't there an earlier thread where the young lad that raced the Jag gave the back story, I'm not sure he's the same bloke that's selling it.

I saw this race last year, it survived remarkably well. As I understand it, this was bought with no identity in the first place – there was no great secret about where it came from and the racer was quite public about the story behind it. There was a somewhat lengthy thread on Pistonheads which he fully engaged in, and I thought put his side of it pretty well.

4776590430_47aaa629c7_o.jpg

1957(ish) Jaguar XK150 banger by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... r%20racing

My comments on Flickr at the time:

“Yes, it’s sad but I just try and put it into context. When I think about some of the awful things going on in the world (war, famine, poverty etc) then this doesn’t rank too high on the scale.

“If he chose to effectively waste the money he could have made on it, so be it. People waste money in all sorts of stupid ways, with depreciation on new cars, hobbies, holidays etc.

“If there’s anyone here who’s been foolish then it’s the previous owners for letting it go. Surely they must have realised that it was something a bit unusual? There again that didn’t stop people letting interesting stuff go for scrappage did it?â€Â

I stand by all of the above, it's really not worth getting worked-up about.

I agree, It's really not that big a deal, It wasn't like it was a concourse one that had been destroyed, It was just a heap that been sitting around for years and could have ended up rusting away for many more years, the only sad bit about it is that it had some decent panel and spares that could ahve been used for another one.

I was going to post this myself when i got home from work but in the ebay thread, Admittedly, although bangerboy starting the thread on it was asking for trouble, I really don't think it's worth you lot all getting so excited over.

Yet another attempt to wind us up by someone who clearly doesn't have an interesting life, so has to try and wind up others.

Problem is, as this car's already been discussed before, it really is a large dose of MEH. I'm not paying £8k for a battered shell. Maybe an enthusiast will snap it up for the engine. Might be cheaper than an XK rebuild...

lol Bangerfan101 is obviously loving the responses, attention, taking the bait that his threads seem to get.

I love old cars, i admire restoration and would love to be able to afford my own project, but I also love banger racing - and even do some photography at my local track. That is not to say that I don't occasionally cringe when i see nice cars getting beaten up!

Maybe there is some corruption amongst the banger racing community, I don't know, but there's certainly bad apples amongst Urbexers (my other main hobby) and probably in a lot of other communities too.

DSC_0346a.jpg

I agree, It's really not that big a deal, It wasn't like it was a concourse one that had been destroyed, It was just a heap that been sitting around for years and could have ended up rusting away for many more years, the only sad bit about it is that it had some decent panel and spares that could ahve been used for another one.

I was going to post this myself when i got home from work but in the ebay thread, Admittedly, although bangerboy starting the thread on it was asking for trouble, I really don't think it's worth you lot all getting so excited over.

Us lot?

jaaaags are just penis extensions, and the seller certainly needs this jaag afixed to his forehead

Oi!

i never mentioned mondeos or lincolns :wink:

The lad that raced it did indeed sell it on and for much less than is now been asked for it.

is that picture from smallfield in your post baldrick ?

jaaaags are just penis extensions, and the seller certainly needs this jaag afixed to his forehead

Oi!

i never mentioned mondeos or lincolns :wink:

I'll have you know mine's an XJ, not an X or S type....