Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I'm having a SHITE DAY

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RENOMAD

RENOMAD

• Full Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationIRELAND

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

Guess I wont be buying any cars for a while----I lost my job today.HOW SHITE IS THAT! :shock:

#2 OFFLINE   fearthecat

fearthecat

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationPreston, Lancashire

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

More shite than a Vauxhall Corsa in pink with "Top Totty" on the back windscreen? (not sure of the shite scale here yet):( Are you gonna get onto recruitment agencies or look around yourself? (i'd wallow and procrastinate, but that's highly undesirable if you can avoid it)
Posted Image
4x Ford Capri Ghia, 1x BMW 635CSi

#3 OFFLINE   RENOMAD

RENOMAD

• Full Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationIRELAND

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

I'll look myself.I always think that agencies only want to fill a roll/contract that they will make most comission from

#4 ONLINE   IainL

IainL

• Full Members
  • 5,091 posts
  • LocationBonnybridge

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

Sorry to hear that :( I hope you get something fixed up soon

#5 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

BUMHATS.

I'll look myself.I always think that agencies only want to fill a roll/contract that they will make most comission from

^good call, I quite agree^Don't "do" agencies. Come to think of it I rarely "do" formal interviews either.

#6 OFFLINE   Torsten2001

Torsten2001

• Full Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

Sorry mate, that's an pile'o'wank

#7 OFFLINE   RENOMAD

RENOMAD

• Full Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationIRELAND

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

Thanks Guys---lets hope that I won't have the sell all my cars after all

#8 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

Bugger, sorry to hear that.

#9 ONLINE   Richard

Richard

• Full Members
  • 10,176 posts
  • LocationScarfolk

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

Bugger. I'd agree that agencies are crap, but they might be a good way to get your face known in companies. I wouldn't know, no agency has ever placed me. I usually hear bugger all from them until a year after I've found another job.I don't know what you did but do you have contacts in organisations that you dealt with? That's definitely the most likely way to get a job.

#10 OFFLINE   RENOMAD

RENOMAD

• Full Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationIRELAND

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:47 AM

The motor Trade over here in Ireland has fallen flat on its face over the last couple of months--trade down 60%.Lost my job because of downturn--simple as.Simply 1 too many sales people in the place----Guys being let go all over.

#11 OFFLINE   seth

seth

• Full Members
  • 3,932 posts
  • LocationNW London

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

Sorry to hear that. Been there - twice in the space of 18 months a few years ago. However it eventually led to the best opportunity I've ever had so I hope it all works out OK for you.

#12 OFFLINE   reallyloud

reallyloud

• Full Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThe Jasmin Allen estate

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

Sorry to hear about that, I know exactly how it feels, having been 'let go' twice before in the past. I decided to retrain, and go back to college/uni and seth mentions, its the best thing that could happen - new avenues and all that. Be prepared to wait a bit, and in the meantime enjoy the freedom.

#13 OFFLINE   Spottedlaurel

Spottedlaurel

• Full Members
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationNorfolk

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:15 AM

I’ll echo the above, bad luck and hope something good comes out of it for you. Happened to me years ago, fortunately when I’d got far fewer responsibilities than I have now. Picked up what was meant to be a couple of weeks’ draughting work which turned into being self-employed for over three years – didn’t earn a fortune but it gave me flexibility to work how and when I wanted and kept me in the industry.

1973 Datsun 1200 B110 2dr; 1980 Laurel 2.4 C230; 1988 Sunny 1.6 LX N13
1992 Camry 2.2GL project car (still on hold); 1993 Camry Estate 2.2GL (was daily driver, written-off and awaiting repair)
1996 Lexus LS400

And a couple of modern Toyotas.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

Bad news chap! I'm worried for my job too, over here at the council jobs are disappearing due to massive cuts (thanks to a great big hole in the budget, presumably all the money fell out of it). Not good.To be honest, I used an agency a few years back and found them to be very helpful indeed. I had a job within the week, but after a few months I had a disagreement with the boss there and quit. Despite my former boss painting a very bad picture of me out of spite, they stuck by me and found me another (better and more well-paid) job within the week and I stayed there for years, earning them something like £20K in commission. When I was finally made permanent, I was the longest temp they ever had on their books by quite some margin, not far off 3 years!If I had time to prepare I'd go search out a job myself, but if I suddenly found myself jobless I'd be straight back over there!

#15 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

Guess I wont be buying any cars for a while----I lost my job today.
HOW SHITE IS THAT! :shock:

That's not shite, that's Shit!!!! (with a capital S and 4 exclaimation marks)

More shite than a Vauxhall Corsa in pink with "Top Totty" on the back windscreen? (not sure of the shite scale here yet)

That's not shite, that's shit!!!!!!!!!! (with no capital S but 10 exclaimation marks)

#16 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,421 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

Bad news, sorry to hear that :( I got chucked out last year, but got sorted out a few weeks later, in a much better job. However, that's starting to look a bit precarious now as well.The agencies I contacted varied in their approach - some didn't even acknowledge my CV, whilst others were quite keen to help (although none of them even got me an interview) Don't write them off - you only need one to come up with the goods!Good luck :D

#17 OFFLINE   Father Ted

Father Ted

I am the Lord of the Dance Settee

• Full Members
  • 3,539 posts
  • LocationMy God.... Its Full of WIN.....

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Thats bad news :( Hope you find something soon.Have you ever thought of becoming a Priest? The Celebacy thing is more of a guideline than a rule and was introduced by the Normans. Three square meals a day, and everyone looks cool in black......
Posted Image
Autoshite... Its like the Posideon Adventure, without the adventure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users