FOR SALE: LADA NIVA 1.7i 'OLGA' See Page 8

explosive-cabbage

I may know someone who is after a Niva, what sort of price you thinking about? BTW it's my mate with the minty Samara who mentioned to me he fancies a Niva to add to his fleet

• 1 month later...

For Sale:

P Reg Lada Niva 1.7 Hussar

WP_004077.jpg?psid=1

Not MOT

No Tax

Located near Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23

10,160 miles

All completely standard

Runs and drives well. No overharting and does not use and water.

Never been used heavily off road, just a bit of light green laneing round Malham at Shitefest 2013

Can possibly deliver depending where you are.

I will help as much as I can with collection/delivery - just ask and we can work something out. I am traveling south as far as Birmingham on the 7th April with a trailer so delivery is possible if it fits in with our plans - again just ask.

£600

Sale preference to known car enthusiasts or Autoshiters - I would prefer it to go to a good home than get butchered for off-roading.

Comes just as seen in the picture - except with a slightly different towball.

It also comes with one spare 1.6 carb engine from a D reg Niva.

Also comes with all the Petrol Niva components I have kicking around- including all the service parts needed to get the 1.6 engine up and running. Also included is at least one Niva 1.6 carb.

As described in the previous post, this car is now surplus to requirements and I have so many more projects on the go or yet to start that this one is likely to get put off and not deserve the attention it requires.

The engine is a 1.7 SPI using the same block and most of the components of the slightly older and smaller 1.6 carb Niva engine.

I would beg you to please read through this thread from the start to understand some of the issues I have had with the Niva. The main problems have been with the engine - I have rebuilt it twice and I am not sure of the ability of it to pass an emmisions test without work. Other work for an MOT should be fairly simple - there is an electrical fault with the indicators, they stay on constantly and don't blink. There is also an intermittent fault with the light stalk where the full beam flicks on and off when you turn the wheel but this issue seems to have resolved itself recently. Also the brakes may need bleeding - I will do this if you are planning to drive it away. Needs a couple new number plates unless your MOT tester is particularly lenient. Other than that and the emissions I am sure an MOT wont be a problem.

Body work needs minor attention on every panel - light surface rust, nothing rusted right through but it needs attention before it gets worse. It has never been welded or had any bodywork worked on before. A large dent in the front corner - this is on a single skin panel so won't be too difficult to work out and tidy up.

There is rust at the bottom of the drivers door that will need attention ASAP, a common place for rust on these, it has not rusted through yet but will only get worse.

Slight play in the steering but nothing dangerous - the steering boxes are known for being a bit slack but can be tightened up and greased without much hassle - I have done this once already when I first started using this car 3 years ago.

It also comes with one spare 1.6 carb engine from a D reg Niva (and all petrol related components) - the earlier 1.6 block could be dropped in with all the 1.7 injection and components, and when the DVLA have been informed it would be eligible for a much more lenient emissions test.

These cars are not really that large - much smaller than most 4x4s. I lined it up next to an early short wheelbase Rav4 we have and it was almost exactly the same dimensions - just chunkier,

WP_004071.jpg?psid=1

WP_004072.jpg?psid=1

WP_004074.jpg?psid=1

WP_004075.jpg?psid=1

WP_004076.jpg?psid=1

WP_004078.jpg?psid=1

WP_004087.jpg?psid=1

WP_004093.jpg?psid=1

WP_004089.jpg?psid=1

WP_004086.jpg?psid=1

WP_004084.jpg?psid=1

WP_004083.jpg?psid=1

WP_004081.jpg?psid=1

WP_004080.jpg?psid=1

WP_004079.jpg?psid=1

WP_004094.jpg?psid=1

Back of the dent on the front corner - easily acessible to push out. All the undersides need undersealing but no rust other than light surface rust like seen in this picture.

WP_004098.jpg?psid=1

I will add more pictures if they eventually upload from my phone to skydrive.

I can be contacted via email [email protected]

or preferably by text - 07874 232 837.

All the best - Will

• Like 2

Bloody hell.

As soon as someone buys this 760 off me will, (and you don't mind it knocking around till i have space) i'll be throwing money at you.

Shall watch this thread closly.

That's what I like to hear! PM me if there is any movement on your 760. Storage isn't a problem.

Some more pictures.

WP_004099.jpg?psid=1

WP_004100.jpg?psid=1

WP_004101.jpg?psid=1

WP_004102.jpg?psid=1

WP_004104.jpg?psid=1

WP_004105.jpg?psid=1

WP_004106.jpg?psid=1

WP_004107.jpg?psid=1

WP_004108.jpg?psid=1

WP_004109.jpg?psid=1

Spare 1.6 engine yet to be removed from the donor. This car stopped working due to a shonky carb and not due to engine failure itself. The block has been kept reasonably dry and the plugs were only taken out recently, but of course will need service parts changing and likely some seals also.  I have all the service parts needed to get this engine running. These are included in the sale, as are any parts related to petrol-engines Nivas I have.

WP_004110.jpg?psid=1

WP_004113.jpg?psid=1

WP_004117.jpg?psid=1

WP_004121.jpg?psid=1

Bloody hell.

As soon as someone buys this 760 off me will, (and you don't mind it knocking around till i have space) i'll be throwing money at you.

Shall watch this thread closly.

I'd love this Niva, but too new for my classic policy :( - But I'd also love a Volvo...

Ok, so here's the deal.

If someone buys my Triumph, I'll buy the 760 and then Minimad can buy the Niva - everyone is happy!

Just got to find a buyer for the Triumph though :( ,,,

• Like 2

The 205 with the 1.9 XUD is a constant ongoing project maintaining and adjusting to keep it running perfectly as a daily - it is an awesome car and faster than my old 206 1.4 XS with a jetted carb....

HELL YEAH...

:blink2:  B)  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Soz.

SRSLY though, I took this one too, but it's not such a good shot.

attachicon.gifP1150556.JPG

Why is there a noose in that photograph? Do you lure people out into the wilds with promises of Ladas and then they are never seen again, apart from on the barbecue?

Shameless thread bump.

Due to extra Lancia-ness at Chez-cabbage/krujoe this need to get shifted.

Any takers?

Can arrange delivery and/or convenient payment terms!