One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

pictures_chrysler_valiant_1970_1.jpg

That is weird! that was my uncle's car, and I HAVE DRIVEN IT many miles. Photographed in Rotorua at the old entrance to Whakarewarewa thermal area. It was the first of that model delivered  so I guess some publicity photos were taken. I do remember the upholstery was woven woollen material and superbly comfortable.

• Like 2

OK , now to break the thread rules.

car 1. Heron, just a hint of Lotus Manufactured in Rotorua. Quite a few built. Fiat powered.

2. Trekka, an attempt at a 2wd Skoda Octavia powered Landrover. Quite successful as it was actually    useful.

3-4. De Joux GT, Ferris De Joux was a good designer, I think this was a one-off, Powered by Chev 5L V8.

5. Saker sv1. Don't know much about this, but production was shifted to Holland I believe.

6. Hulme. Was going to be the greatest supercar ever! Seems to have sunk though.

7-8. Anziel Nova. (Anadol) built by a chap called Allan Gibbs, only 1 built, still owned by Gibbs. His dream was to

kick start a car manufacturing industry. Killed by Govt. regulations. The person in the photo at launch

is the P.M.

9.  Gibbs Aquada.  Somewhat more successful than Anziel

10. Ferris De Joux again with his Mini GT. About 30 built. Apparently the moulds still exist and they can be

built if you want one.  More pics to follow, Or look at Pistonheads where I stole them from!

Will shut up now. Computer did the layout and refuses to be fixed :-( 

• Like 2