Show us your shite - in the snow!

Alexg

This is the most snow I have seen in Stourbridge for I reckon 15 years!

The choir sang at a Wedding today, it finally got underway two hours late. The reception (which was supposed to be in Stratford) has been cancelled and they ahve rented a room above a local pub. Of the 100 guests expected about half managed to turn up!

There is an Allegro underneath here somewhere:

5271635866_bdfd1735e8_m.jpg

5271634956_08e306205a_m.jpg

5271633834_e96b6f24be_m.jpg

5271022985_f14526ef9f_m.jpg

The 14 in camouflauge!!

5271021863_0ace19390f_m.jpg

5271630624_df0dc5bffb_m.jpg

Pete.

Been out in the saab, after reading this on the UKsaabs website:

the Idea behind the font handbrake is that its much safer used as an emergengy brake if the hydraulics fail (although most 99 handbrakes are so weak that that's kind of a moot point) but also that in snow or mud you pull the handbrake on half way to split the torque on the differential and stop one wheel from spinning all the power away. I can report that the latter technique works very well for getting you unstuck from snow...

locking diff!, and it works very well indeed for getting unstuck!

DSCF8252.jpg

DSCF8253.jpg

Guest Leonard Hatred

I'm pretty sure dieselnutjob had a prang in the 607 recently, maybe the wrong plate was put on and he's just replaced it?

Been out in the saab, after reading this on the UKsaabs website:

the Idea behind the font handbrake is that its much safer used as an emergengy brake if the hydraulics fail (although most 99 handbrakes are so weak that that's kind of a moot point) but also that in snow or mud you pull the handbrake on half way to split the torque on the differential and stop one wheel from spinning all the power away. I can report that the latter technique works very well for getting you unstuck from snow...

locking diff!, and it works very well indeed for getting unstuck!

:D I didn't realise that was the point of their front handbrake, makes sense when you think about it. I've used the footbrake as a form of traction control, it kind of works.

P060Small.jpg

My 900 was a late rear handbrake model so only GR8 4 DRIFTIN. They are very good cars in the snow though, even without winter tyres. Loads of traction and very sure footed.

I'm still embarrassed about those Comic Sans MS font numberplates. :oops: I should have binned them immediately.

Well spotted, I'm guessing a bit of Photoshop trickery to change the ID so as to discourage cloning?

Every now and again people knock on the door and ask if I want to sell the 604. Normally when I'm at work and my wife is there on her own.

I don't trust these types at all. She said one of them had a "great big truck" so I don't think was a classic car enthusiast...

Given that the DVLA will give your name and address to just about anybody for a couple of quid I'd rather not post pictures of the real plates on the web.

But yes I suppose if you wanted to clone a sky blue 607 to steal petrol, and I suppose if you had a V6 auto one you might want to do that quite a lot, you wouldn't be very likely to see another one just out and about so the internet might be useful there as well.