Jump to content

Manchester airport - Help Tonight Please


Recommended Posts

Posted

HELP! My flight back to Manchester this evening has been delayed by 30 mins so I'll miss the last train back to North Wales. I'll land at Manchester Airport at around 10.30pm.

Any Manchester based shiters or friends of fancy a drive to North Wales LL57 3HY this evening - cash waiting! I've injured my knee and am limping so really don't fancy spending the night at the airport waiting for the first train at 6am. About to take off so will be offline soon.

Cheers Jim

Posted

If you don’t get sorted is there no train from piccadilly if you were to tram in?

Posted

I think you're sorted, but can get you a hotel for the night if needed. 

  • Like 2
Posted

He's still brilliant but he's changed! No dodgy old Toyota, I'm being whisked home in a rather swish Octavia. Absolute diamond of a man that he is.

  • Like 9
Posted
2 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

He's still brilliant but he's changed! No dodgy old Toyota, I'm being whisked home in a rather swish Octavia. Absolute diamond of a man that he is.

*Cough* Superb *Cough*

Posted
1 minute ago, binhoker668 said:

*Cough* Superb *Cough*

Thought it was swish for an Octavia! It was indeed Suberb.

Back home looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. Chris was a star - he even had a jump pack on hand to revive the flat as a pancake 12v battery on my electric van that I needed to retrieve from the work carpark so I can go and collect the dog Tuesday afternoon.

In my message to Chris I said it would be around £35 in diesel. He'd filled his tank before setting off and we brimmed it when we got to Bangor. The pump clicked at £35.01 - spooky or what?

He also does a great line in bear hugs for a weary traveller.

10/10 would be rescued by again.

  • Like 24
Posted
12 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Thought it was swish for an Octavia! It was indeed Suberb.

Back home looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. Chris was a star - he even had a jump pack on hand to revive the flat as a pancake 12v battery on my electric van that I needed to retrieve from the work carpark so I can go and collect the dog Tuesday afternoon.

In my message to Chris I said it would be around £35 in diesel. He'd filled his tank before setting off and we brimmed it when we got to Bangor. The pump clicked at £35.01 - spooky or what?

He also does a great line in bear hugs for a weary traveller.

10/10 would be rescued by again.

Was the Bear hug free ?

Posted

It was a mutual exchange - I'd be pleased to see him anytime but seeing him waiting for me in arrivals was something especially hug-worthy 🥰

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...