Citroen C6

Jazzy Jeff

Posted Image

The greatest current production car in the world. FACT.

I saw one of these for only about the 2nd time the other day, and the owner seemed to be bemused as to why I was stood openly gawping at the beauty of this car. I'm sure his jaw would drop too if he realised how many thousands of pounds of depreciation go down the toilet each hour he drives it.

Gorgeous and Enormous French expensive obscure Luxo-barge. The choice of the depreciation loving individual.

Fantastic things, there's one close to my office in Chelsea, I like to think with some obscure fault that the dealer can't fix.

In the finest tradition of big French luxobarges that are priced at £30k when new and then £1500 a few days later. Here's a few more 8)

Peugeot 604

Posted Image

Renault Avantime

Posted Image

Renault Safrane

Posted Image

Talbot Tagora

Posted Image

Bro' had an Avantime and actually made money on it!!Bought cheap as a p/x "bargain" then punted off through "friend of a friend" type scenario...Lovely thing - weird doors though, I'm sure they've been discussed on here before.

Renault Safrane

Posted Image

[/img]

Yummy!

And a Safrane Biturbo at that.

There was a Renault dealer around these parts that imported a few Safrane BiTurbos and Twingos in the early '90's and got its hands rather heavilly slapped by Renault for it...

They ran hardly any boost either so with it turned up a bit could become seriously fast :D

Has that 604 got some kind of half length convertable thing? I know I'm horribly biased and everything, but I've never considered the Safrane "gorgeous"! Aesthetically a step backwards from the Renner 25 I always felt, and no significant step forward mechanically. Don't know why they bothered!

I've seen 2 c6's in the last few days STUNNING looker !

The 604 landaulet got rescued from Niger where the photo above was taken. It has been restored and was displayed at

Paris Retromobile in 05 or 06

Posted Image

And after restoration

Posted Image

So why weren't the R30, R25, CX, XM, 607 seen the same way?Interesting how Renault took the hint & haven't offered a flagship car since the Safrane, (the Avantime is a different kettle of fish, even though it achieved the same result) yet Peugeot persisted, and now Citroen having not replaced the XM when it finished in the late 90s have now laid themselves open again with a flagship car. Flagship cars never run concurrently, whenever the outgoing model ceases to be sold, there's always quite a gap before the next one. Although the German marques always keep a model in the flagship sector.

What was wrong with that? :?

Because neither Twingo nor Safrane Biturbo were offered by Renault UK they took exception to a dealer importing them and selling them in the showroom alongside the 'official' UK range.I believe the MD ran around in a Biturbo which caused a few raised eyebrows as well !

Interesting how Renault took the hint & haven't offered a flagship car since the Safrane, (the Avantime is a different kettle of fish, even though it achieved the same result)

Renault did sell the Vel Satis in this country at around the time of the Avantime. didn't sell many though....

Interesting how Renault took the hint & haven't offered a flagship car since the Safrane, (the Avantime is a different kettle of fish, even though it achieved the same result)

Renault did sell the Vel Satis in this country at around the time of the Avantime. didn't sell many though....
Oh yeah, silly me! I should have remembered that, it's as if it had been completely erased from my mind! :oops::shock: Maybe that wasn't a bad thing! :wink:

Don't think its just the French who have (almost) given up on flagship models though. I think many manufacturers see their people carrier ranges as ample replacements for their former luxury flagship eg Ford - no Granada/Scorpio saloon but got the Galaxy, Vauxhall, no omega but got the Zafira, so on & so forth. That reminds me, I did write an article for the site about this many moons ago, but it was a bit shit & so shelved it.

Think the Signum had longer rear legroom, and a slightly higher roofline, to promote it as an executive limo hatchback type thing, seem to remember they had a whopping pricetag too..So yes, as Reg said, Pointless...