Solent Shiters Meetup?

Stanky

Inspired by @loserone's WD40 meetup, I wondered if there was any appetite for a Solent Shiters meetup and 'Curated Motor Tour' around the local environs one saturday afternoon before the weather turns?

A favourite route of mine is:

https://goo.gl/maps/B8xFjPAQTq5cXWD56

Starting at Micks Monster Burgers on Portsdown Hill, up through Wickham on the A32 to Corhampton, then the back roads over the Downs to the edge of Winchester, back on the A272 to West Meon hut, then back towards Fareham on the A32, finishing up at Southwick Brewhouse? Its about 50 miles/90 minutes driving. There is food and coffee available at the start, and the Brewhouse sells 200+ beers and ciders, including locally brewed 'Suthwyk' ales from casks. The pub next door (Golden lion, Southwick) is supposed to be good too, but I've not eaten there.

Appeal to anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Aye. Depending on which Saturday as I'm away at the end of September.

Talking of pubs.... another suggestion is the recently reopened George and Falcon in Warnford. One of the co-owners (it's not a brewery owned pub) is an MR2 owner and keen shite collector of cars. He keeps on at me for setting up a meet there as it's a lovely part of the world and he has a car park.

His food is also ridiculously cheap!

Thanks all, I'll get some dates put forward later on, sounds like a good plan to stop at the George and Falcon too for some food. 

I'll check the calendar and suggest some options

• 3 weeks later...