Ebay Tat Volume 2 - Sadly deceased.

trigger

Hi very interested in that Le Sabre. Could you guarantee it won't break down or need any repairs in the next year? Also if I win can you please deliver it to me. Thanks in advance.

I wonder if you could convert one of these to RHD with some cortina parts.

4160793111.jpg

It looks to my untrained eye like it ought to be possible.

I'm certain you could, given time and a workshop, but why would you? Isn't the LHD part of its quirky charm? If changing gear with the wrong hand bothers you, buy an automatic; if driving on the wrong side of the car bothers you, better sign up for a new Corsa now and admit defeat. (stir, stir :mrgreen: )

I'm certain you could, given time and a workshop, but why would you? Isn't the LHD part of its quirky charm? If changing gear with the wrong hand bothers you, buy an automatic; if driving on the wrong side of the car bothers you, better sign up for a new Corsa now and admit defeat. (stir, stir :mrgreen: )

I would, just to see how easy it was! And then to make it more appealing when it came to flogging it.

In a nutshell if you turn the CD player on the car doesn't use any fluids. So it'll be a cheap trip home as it won't use any petrol.

Oh, and he's scared of big cars. And legible typing by the look of it too.

:shock: No fucking idea.

Halfway through it sounds like he doesn't want a £100 transfer, and then he's going to murder his family??

Metric to imperial fastenings would be the only problem I can imagine.

IIRC MK3,4 and '5' tincorners have metric fastners anyway.

I wonder if you could convert one of these to RHD with some cortina parts.

4160793111.jpg

4182069442.jpg

4120120190.jpg

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/157184608.htm?ca=12_s

It looks to my untrained eye like it ought to be possible.

I remember seeing a fastback one of these (Taunus?) by the Eiffel Tower in Paris in the mid 1990s. 8) Was this one more of a 'Cortina Mark three-and-a-half' ? :mrgreen:

I would, just to see how easy it was! And then to make it more appealing when it came to flogging it.

Don't cortinas have a large hump in the bulkhead to fit the master cylinder and other gubbins on to? I bet it would be a real struggle to convert that could ultimately end up with a Taunus with no pedals or steering wheel at all.

RHD taunus would certainly be a rarity, but i think the upper bulk head would need to be changed, along with dash, rack and possibly pedal box

a rotten cortina mk5 as a donor car would certainly be an asset

!C!uQED!Bmk~$(KGrHqV,!jkE0CsEOTISBNEPkVmbSQ~~_12.JPG

2000? Ford Focus

Puzzling.

Just as puzzling is why he wants four large for that heap of shit.

What always gets me with adverts such as this is that they always say 90% of the hard work has been done and it just needs a few finishing touches. If you've gotten that far then why not just do them and sell it for a lot more?

Unless of course the whole thing was completely bodged from the start and the seller is desperately trying to find some other poor mug to unload to

:shock: No fucking idea.

Halfway through it sounds like he doesn't want a £100 transfer, and then he's going to murder his family??

!C!50y!gBGk~$(KGrHqN,!l8Ez+3F6)4VBNFGPlqnEw~~_12.JPG

:lol: - best Ebay sale pic eva!