Not another one? My new purchase

Motown

2 hours ago, Motown said:

I managed to finish it off in my opinion it was mechanically sound.... Cosmetically the paint was bad few dents and rust spot from the vandalism also abit crusty around the sunroof.... It could have done with a respray but i didnt bother as i was planning to daily it.... Booked in it for an MOT twice.... both times it was cancelled due to covid and restrictions at the time....

Shortly after someone looking for an 820 saloon who had seen the car on youtube offered to buy it with the intention of giving it a fresh mot and paint... I just wanted to see the car back on the road so i sold it receiving more than enough to cover what id spent on it.... If anything it only cost me my time as i worked in all weathers from my drive restoring it I didnt spend that much on parts as i had a loft full of spares at the time.... However the body shop rendered it to far gone with sunroof and chassis rail rot.... They no doubt qouted the new owner a daft sum of money to sort it so i believe he cut his losses and broke it up.

Ive lost sleep over it and completely regret selling it i only have myself to blame. I only found out recently and didnt want to post its fate in fear of causing a witch hunt! 

That's a proper kick in the nads that, after all the work you all did on it and the work you put into getting it from its many year hibernation in Gresley, it was a piece of folklore, but not of your doing, don't beat yourself up, move on to the next.

2 hours ago, Motown said:

Ive lost sleep over it and completely regret selling it i only have myself to blame. I only found out recently and didnt want to post its fate in fear of causing a witch hunt! 

Good grief, you did your bit and then some. Plenty of people make the noise, there are far fewer who know the words. Be pleased you gave it a serious go and had some fun along the way.

The SD1 looks a little peach - a gold Rover with a cream beige interior? That's the dream. And I know, cos I've got one.

***Update*** Pictures to come shortly

The car arrived today it seems to have had a rough time with the previous owner as my silver Vanden Plas is in better condition overall and believe me that is really saying something... I am sure many of you will have seen from my posts on the forum all the work it took me to get it right... Although to give the gold SD1 the credit it deserves its solid which is great.

I honestly dont think the car would have survived without the intervention carried out by @rob88h during his ownership. I can see he spent lots of money on it noted in the very small amount of paperwork i got from the previous owner.

I have noticed the following and will begin work on the car tomorrow....  The sunroof leaks but strangely only the panel area of the roof interior and the front passenger seat is wet (waterlogged) everything else is dry (headliner foot well glove boxes etc) so my guess would be either the sunroof panel is corroded, the seal is leaking or the sunroof wedges require adjustment as its the manual sliding sunroof type... It needs a new fuel pump and filter due to the previous owner sticking diesel in it... It runs but is very jerky almost like a misfire feeling no doubt due to having diesel put in it..... Its got half a tank of fuel according to the gauge but i honestly dont know if thats diesel or petrol  🤔

The limited history ive received would suggest once the previous owner purchased it from  @rob88h it wasn't driven much before it was accidentally filled with diesel and taken to a garage to fix but covid hit and it sat for a year in the garage. The owner was then issued with a £500 bill which he paid before putting the car up for sale.

The only issue that is concerning me and is immediately obvious is the sunroof leak which has put the fear of god into me.... I once owned an 827 with a sunroof leak and it was a nightmare to sort out...  In fact thats an understatement.... The period in which i attempted to sort it was one of the most stressful and frustrating periods of my life and ive been to places like Barnsley and Iraq 😆 Its also a real kick in the bollocks as i can see @rob88h  is a complete MADMAN and paid out for a brand new Rimmers headliner which il now have to replace.... I salute your efforts and commitments to the cause Sir long may you live and live well! 

I would really like to get the sunroof sorted before it causes significant damage to the car and interior which is near immaculate ( a rare thing for an SD1) if anyone is willing to help or fix the leak please get intouch or comment on the post i will happily rewards your physical efforts with cash tea and gariboldis... I might even include the wife with the deal free of charge... She is an amazing cook but i am sick of her and we exist in a time were i cant just leave her by the roadside in a remote location fifteen miles north of the M18 like i did with my ex wife 😉

Now i appreciate this may all seem a little negative but really its not..... Basically all ive got to do is fix the sunroof leak check the fuel system service the car and MOT it.... WISH ME LUCK! 😀👍