My project cars thread. Maestro fettling

JMotor

19 hours ago, JMotor said:

The lower shocker bolt seized to the inner part of the bush.

Ah yes that happened to mine as well. I had to do some surgery with a cutter if some kind. 

Nice to see it back on the road, I sometimes wonder if the giffers get misty eyed if they see one on the streets...

1 hour ago, grogee said:

Ah yes that happened to mine as well. I had to do some surgery with a cutter if some kind. 

Nice to see it back on the road, I sometimes wonder if the giffers get misty eyed if they see one on the streets...

Nah s'cataracts usually 👍🏻 damhikt 😬

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JMotor said:

The car does attract a fair bit of interest. I know for a fact mine is the only one about my area

I see one quite regular. Admittedly it is yours mind 😄

• Haha 2

Reading all the comments about NLA parts, yo have my full sympathy. Virtually everything i ever try to get for our maestro is not available or is but you have to trawl ebay for badly described bits.

Luckily ours is a bit of a rotten shitheap so i dont feel so bad cak handedly bodging it up yet again, as long as it stays functional and passes its MOT's 🤣

• Like 3

This suspension rebuild is now getting silly!

Screenshot_20241022-1638513.png.5f43243d95b45e6731ecf2c35c79a2ac.png

Pay once, cry once? Fuck knows! Fed up now and want the bloody thing sorted.

Found a another steering wheel too. It wasn't strictly necessary. I just hated the minging steering wheel that was on the car.

DSC_0958.JPG.693e15d902b0214fbf4795be8fb988d6.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG.c0993fbccef06eb066accb047ac442dd.JPG

Why that was done, I've no clue. The coating was coming off too.

The replacement is in much better condition. 

DSC_0957.JPG.64119b9a141103eb111dd87006a66b97.JPG

Hopefully I'll finish up the suspension refresh shortly.

My 'SuzyQ' was greatly enhanced, in the driving pleasure dept, when the $hyte factory wheel was skipped and replaced with the thin rimmed BL MeTrO one ...👍

Coming on a treat M9 😉

🚙💨

1616245306562.jpg

29 minutes ago, JMotor said:

This suspension rebuild is now getting silly!

Screenshot_20241022-1638513.png.5f43243d95b45e6731ecf2c35c79a2ac.png

Pay once, cry once? Fuck knows! Fed up now and want the bloody thing sorted.

Found a another steering wheel too. It wasn't strictly necessary. I just hated the minging steering wheel that was on the car.

DSC_0958.JPG.693e15d902b0214fbf4795be8fb988d6.JPG

DSC_0960.JPG.c0993fbccef06eb066accb047ac442dd.JPG

Why that was done, I've no clue. The coating was coming off too.

The replacement is in much better condition. 

DSC_0957.JPG.64119b9a141103eb111dd87006a66b97.JPG

Hopefully I'll finish up the suspension refresh shortly.

Yeah I mean it's a cyunt of a job mind but on the other hand it's unlikely you'll ever do it again 🤣

also strangely heart warming to see so much effort going into an old nail for no other reason than you can and you want to. Top effort 👌 

Top job Sir! :) Are those struts Bilstein B4 who I spy in the picture? If so than thumbs up from me, awesome struts I have those on to my wife's 2006 XC90 on the front and original self leveling nivomats on the back. It handle's brilliantly. I have Bilstein B4 on the shelf too for my e36 coupe for the front and the back of the car. I could imagine how e36 will handle with those mhm... Can't wait but bodyworks at first. I'm spying from You and juular some metal fabrication tricks and soon will start my own resto. Fingers crossed. :)

1 hour ago, tooSavvy said:

My 'SuzyQ' was greatly enhanced, in the driving pleasure dept, when the $hyte factory wheel was skipped and replaced with the thin rimmed BL MeTrO one ...👍

Coming on a treat M9 😉

🚙💨

Anything that improves upon the experience is always an net positive. Small details make the biggest difference in my mind. Must admit I was surprised to see a Metro wheel in a Swift!

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Yeah I mean it's a cyunt of a job mind but on the other hand it's unlikely you'll ever do it again 🤣

also strangely heart warming to see so much effort going into an old nail for no other reason than you can and you want to. Top effort 👌 

Sounds daft this. But it's the lazy way to do it. Then I don't have to work on that bit again or for a long time. I hope 😂.

It definitely is an old nail and it's getting more attention than it has a right too. But it's one car I've owned I can just about enjoy working on 🤣.

24 minutes ago, rm36house said:

Top job Sir! :) Are those struts Bilstein B4 who I spy in the picture? If so than thumbs up from me, awesome struts I have those on to my wife's 2006 XC90 on the front and original self leveling nivomats on the back. It handle's brilliantly. I have Bilstein B4 on the shelf too for my e36 coupe for the front and the back of the car. I could imagine how e36 will handle with those mhm... Can't wait but bodyworks at first. I'm spying from You and juular some metal fabrication tricks and soon will start my own resto. Fingers crossed. :)

Thank you!

To be honest I have absolutely no clue on what brand the shocks that are coming  for the Maestro 🤣

I am a BIG fan of Bilstein gear! My Corsa runs Bilstein coilovers and my Astra will be getting a special set of yellow Billies.

Totally agree about the B4's. They are good kit and not that dear either.

Best of luck with your E36 resto. I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully it's not a major amount of work needed done?

Yeah me too, Bilstein know their dress for sure. Love those B4, can't beat for that money. :)

Thank you very much, it will be some work to do with my own e36 but I have seen worse looking examples too here in Latvia. I need to find some time outside other things and family. It's sitting in the garage for so long and today I got some feelings again that I'll need to start when I have seen some nice looking 6 cylinder E36 in the petrol station. 

I will make my own build thread soon about cars I promise. 

There you go some pictures for some teaser.

p.s sorry for offtopic Sir! 

20230302_184633.jpg

IMG_20210118_203414.jpg

IMG_20210118_203428.jpg

IMG_20210118_203343.jpg

Inspiring work! Judging by Florida, having suspension sorted after driving with no suspension makes a world of a difference to driving a car.

I’ve never seen one of those over here, so every time I see this and few other BL cars on here I have to fight the urge to buy one of the cars we did get. You lot will have explaining do to Mrs Star when I inevitably cave in and get a Rover. 🤣

• Like 3