MikeKnight

1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Project Thread

10 minutes ago, jonathan_dyane said:

You did much better out of the deal!

The guy told me he'd call back if he couldn't get the gearbox fault to clear and we could swap back over.

I was diplomatic, I told him "yeah I'm a decent fellow, I'd honour that".

Then blocked his number.

God bless America.

How big are these? They have a lot of styling cues from the 70s/80s model which throws my sense of proportion. Great blingy colour for it too 111/10

Ha my old Buick had the cup holder that pulled out from the arm rest. 

Just by looking I can remember how the 'leather' feels, it won't ever warm up in winter so don't dress in shorts. 

Good swap. 

But my heart tells me to keep it held in a death-grip and hiss like a xenomorph at anyone who tells me to sell it.

I rofled at this sentence. 

They've done that 90s thing where you take a 70s or 80s shape and soften the edges a bit like its been lightly melted. It's horrible but I kind of like it.

8 hours ago, MikeKnight said:

import so LHD

Made me LOL

Lovely old beast, I remember floating about in my mate's 78, like cruising about in your living room.

Impractical, thirsty and already giving out 'challenegs'. It's a keeper. Fanatstic swap, I wish I had the cojones to even contemplate something this epic.

Are you familar with Leisure Suit Larry?

8 hours ago, HMC said:

How big are these?

Scientifically speaking, "fucking hyooge".

Honestly though not as big as I thought. Not terribly wide, about as wide as a modern fat SUV, but quite long. Like.. two hot-hatches bumper to bumper long. It's longer than my Supra and that bastard is already really bloody long.

8 hours ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Those seats look fantastic, the whole car is brilliant but the interior looks like a good place to sit

Seats are ridiculously comfortable! The steering wheel though.. ugh.. I had to peel my hands off it after the drive with an audible noise like removing flypaper. Scrubbed my hands raw when I got back. How are some people so disgusting.

1 hour ago, Dabooka said:

Are you familar with Leisure Suit Larry?

Very. 🥳

You did well out of that deal. I’m still struggling to think what kind of half wit swaps something that awesome for a bloody Range Rover!

Anyway, welcome to septic land yacht ownership. Nothing beats these!

A white caddy. I associate these with obese men dragging oxygen bottles and wearing sandals.

Northstar? Go on youtube and google northstar blue devil.

You are today's winner.