sharley17194

Sharleys Random project thread

I would love to have somewhere like that to work on cars. Except I'd probably fill it with cars needing too much work but that I've picked up cheap.

Something like that around here would be nearer the grand mark a month to rent. :(

I might be able to get something out of the city for a bit cheaper, it's just not easy to find such places. Nor would my other half be too happy if I spent all my spare time there, avoiding her! But for storage it'd be ace.

sadly not, but the building next to it is taller longer and with a 4 poster already, we are eyeing that up once the current tenant vacates till then its progress over this...

Nice one! Any room for a lift under the apex of the roof? That would get another car into the place

post-20764-0-15060200-1543247484_thumb.jpg

I had a shuffle round and got an extra car in, one day i'll make a start on a project!

I also have a nice new camping trailer so got the one at the front with some random bits in it for sale, £40 if anyone wants it. Comes with a heavy ass cover.

The GT in the middle is the next project, i shifted things round so i can get to refitting the chrome following the repaint.

I hate working around freshly painted cars!

post-20764-0-60891900-1544015761_thumb.jpeg

post-20764-0-34672600-1544015770_thumb.jpeg

post-20764-0-70198400-1544015789_thumb.jpeg

....You should see what didnt make it in! 

Its a good job i plan to slim down its getting tight in there. 

Once the F goes ill move my VP in there as thats still to be finished

so im sitting here considering the future. I have a really random mix of tat but way to much doesn't work. My hoped reliable daily turned out to be a dud. My once reliable daily has been sold. so im left we 3 cars insured but only one works which is a classic mini. oh how the tables have turned....

i think the new year so bring something new....just dunno what!

This will eventually have its own build thread as i have exciting plans for this wee car....theres a hint there if you can spot it!!! anyways. Meet Gloria the project KA......rotten of course!! You will see gloria later on in the year....

post-20764-0-13423800-1546507982_thumb.jpg

So bit of an update on projects

I am nearing the end of the rebuild on the GT i cant wait to share pictures with you all!

I am planning to build a giant shelf over the two 1100s at the back of my unit, this will house my two magentas and all the spares ive collected over the years. We've also purchased another mini, following a shuffle round we now have 12 cars in the unit. Work is progressing well and some pictures are due soon.

Vanden Plas 1300 - still to finish

Rover 75 - running well - Died and gone for scrap

Volvo V70 replaced the 75

Ausitn 1300 GT - nearing completion

Purple Morris 1100 - new colour decided work to start Feb 

Blue MG 1300 - Parked

Red 1985 mini - engine rebuild Block back cleaning started

Green 1971 mini - winter hibernation 

White MG 1300 parked

Blue mk1 Ausitn 1100  - parked

Blue mk1 wolesley - parked

Baby Blue mk2 morris 1300 - parked

Clubman estate - a one day project - second doner car purchased

Magenta kit car x2 ....chassis one now in my garage to be painted

White Vanden Plas 1300 - breaker

Ford KA - waiting

Other projects

Shed storage shelf

post-20764-0-15900200-1547543580_thumb.jpeg

Being as the GT is nearly done, i am starting on the next project!! This is a Morris 1100 and ive been building it for my mum as a replacement to her GT when its sold. She is planning to paint it Bermuda blue and is about time it was finished i started this about 12 years ago. 

post-20764-0-37689800-1547808060_thumb.jpg

At the weekend i started to build the shelving which will houise my magenta shells so they are no longer crushing my MG 1300. 

I am aware its in the wrong place....just didnt have the time to move it into the corner!

post-20764-0-97120700-1549383872_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phil_lihp
      Morning chaps, long time no see.
      I've not had much in the way of shite to share on this forum of late but I have now gone some way to redeeming myself with this glorious old heap, an eBay purchase which I won last night.  Fortunately the seller seems decent and isn't in any rush for it to leave so there won't be much happening for a  few weeks until collection can be arranged, leaves me plenty of time to clear the decks in preparation.
      The essential stats are that it's a 1977 Princess 1.8, I think it's a base model and a Series 1 given it's not got a 1.7/2.0 O-series engine which I would have preferred.  Not sure how rubbish the B-Series is in this thing but I guess we'll see.  It's got an MOT and has been woken from many years of slumber fairly recently, I think it was on eBay last year prior to the current owner obtaining it but I don't have any details.  I think it's a base model and lacks power steering or indeed any equipment to speak of.  It's apparently very solid and has been undersealed, there's some rot above the bootlid and in the doors and the bonnet looks awful but is mostly surface corrosion I think.  It'll be getting a proper going over once I get my hands on it, a full service and brake refurb is likely the first port of call, plus finding someone local who can pump up the hydragas.
      My sole experience of these is driving Philibusmo's utterly ruined example (OKK if anyone remembers the ex-Vulgalour one) a few years back and I was so impressed at how well it drove considering the state it was in, I've wanted one for years so this is a slightly weird dream come true.
      Feel free to chip in with anecdotes, advice and mockery.  More details will probably surface in a few weeks once it lands.  It has MOT but it's on ancient tyres and has electrical issues (I know, who'd have thought?) meaning the lights and cooling fan don't work.  Given that it's in Kent and I'm in Devon, I am probably going to take the easy way out and Shiply it home.  Plenty of time yet to make some arrangements for that.
      Watch this space.

• By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...
    • By vulgalour
      As tradition dictates, an thread.

It all kicked off here: http://autoshite.com/topic/34152-citroen-bx-17rd-for-sale-sale-on-hold-as-its-done-a-citroen-the-little-bastard/

Lorry is booked for collection tomorrow and a 340ish mile round trip awaits.  It will be a long, but rewarding, day.  No live collection updates because I live in the olden times and even if I didn't, I'm not sure I could be entirely arsed.

I am looking forward to meeting Dean-numbers, his collection of wobbly French cars and, of course, Bleriot the BX.  It will probably be too dark to do anything when we get back on Friday so I suspect Saturday I'll be up bright and early to get stuck in and see just what I've let myself in for.
    • By scdan4
      That bit hiding up behind the air filter and infront of the turret

made a prolonged, loud, farty vibratey noise (loud enough to be clearly audible in the cabin with the radio on) twice today, both times it did it the nose was pointing down a steep hill and we had just parked and turned off the engine.

It goes on for best part of a minute, so managed to track it down. Initial impressions are fuck knows what it is but it's clearly been bodged in the past. The yellow hose has clearly been disconnected sometime, by someone, for some reason, somewhere.

Thats the blighter.

Does someone want to tell me why it's blowing raspberries at me?