The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I wanted to fall, sobbing, on my brand new doctor's neck this morning and marry him because despite not having my notes yet, after I'd talked to him for a few minutes he promptly said he'd refer me (I've spent the best part of 9 years bugging my previous GP to no effect).

On a two week wait. You don't get two week referrals just for being a brand shiny new patient. This is going to be a very long fortnight ...

A couple of weeks ago I was selling stuff on eBay. I have a phone that sold for £21 + £5 postage, but it took the buyer eight days and an unpaid item case to pay me (they did on the 24th, having won the auction on the 16th). After two days I sent it out to them (last Weds the 26th), and they've now opened an 'item not recieved' case against me saying nothing but 'I have not recieved the item, please provide tracking information (is that an eBay template message?).

I said in the ad that I'd send it first class and I did. The buyer's address was vague as it just had the name, house number, street, 'London' and the postcode, which annoyingly ended in 6GG. My initial thought that was some postie couldn't read my handwriting, but going off this postcode on Google Maps, they appear to be from somewhere not quite in Camberwell, (no area of London specified). That'll explain a lack of London area/borough in the delivery address, then.

Their delivery address on eBay has a different postcode to what Google Maps says it is for that street - it's for part of the street at one end of theirs. That could well explain it not showing up.

I don't really want to issue a refund because I'm suspicious they're a chancer/idiot (they don't know their own address, for god's sake) and I don't feel it's my fault as I just did as instructed, so for now I've just told them I sent it first class and that doesn't come with tracking info so I can't help them.

Have I done the right thing?

A couple of weeks ago I was selling stuff on eBay. I have a phone that sold for £21 + £5 postage, but it took the buyer eight days and an unpaid item case to pay me (they did on the 24th, having won the auction on the 16th). After two days I sent it out to them (last Weds the 26th), and they've now opened an 'item not recieved' case against me saying nothing but 'I have not recieved the item, please provide tracking information (is that an eBay template message?).

I said in the ad that I'd send it first class and I did. The buyer's address was vague as it just had the name, house number, street, 'London' and the postcode, which annoyingly ended in 6GG. My initial thought that was some postie couldn't read my handwriting, but going off this postcode on Google Maps, they appear to be from somewhere not quite in Camberwell, (no area of London specified). That'll explain a lack of London area/borough in the delivery address, then.

Their delivery address on eBay has a different postcode to what Google Maps says it is for that street - it's for part of the street at one end of theirs. That could well explain it not showing up.

I don't really want to issue a refund because I'm suspicious they're a chancer/idiot (they don't know their own address, for god's sake) and I don't feel it's my fault as I just did as instructed, so for now I've just told them I sent it first class and that doesn't come with tracking info so I can't help them.

Have I done the right thing?

Unfortunately it looks like they have scammed you. Ebay will come down on their side as you don't have a tracking number. I would contact customer support as the fact they didn't supply a legitimate address might help your case. It is a right pain selling on ebay now, you will find that ebay will of frozen your paypal account until the dispute is sorted. They certainly don't do much to protect sellers even though they are the ones that pay the rip off fees

Even just first class you can get a receipt from the PO, which should be OK to prove you've at least posted it. That's what I do as a minimum, but sadly without it I think you're out of luck.

• Like 1

No idea what next door has had fitted, boiler or ex tractor fan but every time i sit on the lav, all i can hear is ner…neer… neeer…NEEEER…NEEEEER…NEEEEEEER…NEER…pffffft.

It's only been going a couple of days but its royally chuffing me off.

Between that going off at all hours, Mrs Gerald snoring like a Class 66 and the 'spectral' music/tinitis it's doing my chuff-hiding box in.

It's off again - ner neer neeeeer NEEEEEEE …

Twunts.

Contact other sellers he's bought from recently. If there is a pattern of scamming contact ebay for help post him an empty envelope recorded delivery sharpish, and enter that into the case as your tracking number.

In future open UPI after 2 days, bin them off at 6 days.

One person last month left a feedback saying that they were awaiting payment, all the others seem fine or are business sellers. Don't know what to think.

I did an unpaid item on them after about 4 days.

1981916_846232972058638_1529053201_n.jpg

I've just been reading about this on one of those Facebook groups, A fully loaded 164 3.0 V6 Cloverleaf with only 26k, totally mint and rust free but the garage didn't time the cambelt properly and killed the engine so the owners scraped it this morning for £65! COD's been issued and it's been crushed shortly after the photo. Utter madness.

^^^ 3 cheers for our throwaway society.

Seemingly chumps like this seem to be affected with "can't be arsed" disease.

Thought process seems to go like this;

1. Hey! A nice "Classic"

2. Engine/Transmission/bodywork goes wrong

3. After seeking advice from bar room "experts" on what to do with the car the owner will think, ah fuck it, I'll just scrap it, too much hassle otherwise.

Why? Because it too much hassle for them to sell, too difficult/expensive to find a replacement or to break.

And there you have it. An otherwise savable car scrapped.

One person last month left a feedback saying that they were awaiting payment, all the others seem fine or are business sellers. Don't know what to think.

I did an unpaid item on them after about 4 days.

Other option is it didn't fit his letter box & he wasn't carded / can't be arsed to go to the post office to collect it.

Fill in the form at https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redelivery/book

Obviously you haven't got a card, but guess when it would have been delivered & use your email address / phone number. It's worked for me several times.

If all else fails and he gets money back / phone doesn't come back to you report the imei stolen.

I hope the plate was transferred off - G1LET

It's the best a man could get.

That 164 is nice and all but you'd have to have a big set of testicicles and deep pockets to go about rebuilding the motor or putting a replacement one oin

Mind you if it was my car and the garage phone to tell me this I'd just say, "okay call me when you've fixed it. Bye"

A couple of weeks ago I was selling stuff on eBay. I have a phone that sold for £21 + £5 postage, etc

Always send recorded. Especially if its an item of any value.

Its not unusual for people in London to have just the street name and 'London' followed by the postcode. See a lot like that and rarely have an issue personally but selling things like phones does seem to attract scammers.

Unfortunately theres not much you can do without a tracking number - post office proof of postage isn't any use sadly. eBay / PayPal will decide in their favour although thats because the buyer has the law on their side and any other third party merchant (amazon etc) would do the same.

Block them and move on. 

1981916_846232972058638_1529053201_n.jpg

I've just been reading about this on one of those Facebook groups, A fully loaded 164 3.0 V6 Cloverleaf with only 26k, totally mint and rust free but the garage didn't time the cambelt properly and killed the engine so the owners scraped it this morning for £65! COD's been issued and it's been crushed shortly after the photo. Utter madness.

The garage should be buying the owner another engine and fitting it, for free.  Maybe they offered but he \ she declined and bought a new Corsa on tick instead. 

Jesus.

• Like 2

Had to go back to the eye hospital for a check-up after the metal was removed. 3 bloody hours I was waiting for my appointment slot! Can only guess they had a lot of emergencies, although I didn't see anyone with an eyeball dangling by a string. It was balanced out afterwards though, but I'll add that story to the 'What makes you grin?' thread...

Maybe they offered but he \ she declined and bought a new Corsa on tick instead. 

All's well that ends well.

And on that note, I may well be getting another one today. We've only got three at the moment, and one of them might be going soon. Plus my 1.0 is still firing grey candyfloss out of the exhaust and I CBA getting a new backbox, or whatever is causing the problem. 

Just been paying my ebay invoice. Is this some sort of record?

Fees as a percentage of your sales This month's eBay sales and fees  
  Total monthly sales £34.45   Total monthly fees 49.84% Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling £17.17, your fees as percentage of your sales is 49.84%   Total monthly fees exclude fee credits from refunds or unpaid items, non-recurring charges (e.g. late fees), postage label charges, and PayPal fees. Total monthly sales excludes postage cost paid by the buyer. Refunds, unpaid items and sales donated to charity are not subtracted from the total monthly sales.

50% fees?