The Doctor's travels through time - The End - of chapter 1

DoctorRetro

Nice Prodder. I didn't comment on the 323 as despite its rarity I thought it very dull and R8s don't do much more for me. But these are rather charming and probably pretty reliable if maintained.  The textured dead whaleskin interior plastics can get in the sea though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skut said:

Sounds fruity when revved. How're the fluids? 

Oil was on the bottom of the dipstick when I got it. Topped it up but it scared me because there's a flat bit inside the engine where you put the oil in and it looks like you've filled it to the brim... 

I'll try to get a picture at some point. 

I'm sure dipsticks don't 'fail' and give an incorrect reading... ?

I remember that oaf Clarkson and his cronies in the motoring press slamming these as characterless white goods when they were new. 

Thrummy 3 pot engine,  13 inch wheel at each corner, tiny dimensions, light as a feather and a large expanse of glass. Characterless right enough.

23 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

I remember that oaf Clarkson and his cronies in the motoring press slamming these as characterless white goods when they were new. 

Thrummy 3 pot engine,  13 inch wheel at each corner, tiny dimensions, light as a feather and a large expanse of glass. Characterless right enough.

Clarksonsmash_182503a.jpg.64274c1e04ba71ac0279fc9c33bc75f3.jpg

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

I remember that. In fact he smashed one up with a sledgehammer having just bought it. I'm sure he doesn't care he's doing a car a disservice as long as he's richer. 

Yeah weirdly the minimalist formula they slated is what makes them separate from most other recent cars and gives them character; celebrate what they are and not what they are not.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HMC said:

Yeah weirdly the minimalist formula they slated is what makes them separate from most other recent cars and gives them character; celebrate what they are and not what they are not.

This. My sister had one of these:

domino.png.cec6f8686e889d80c734acc4648485ed.png

I very rarely drove it without a smile on my face, even on the occasion that I borrowed it to move house!

4 minutes ago, Wingz123 said:

^ crikey what are you? A house move? Lol One of the sylvanian family?.....that's about all you could fit in one of those wasnt it?

I was a student! And my SIII Land Rover was fucked (again). It took three trips to move my study bedroom contents (mostly a stereo and records) from Leeds to Huddersfield.

52 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

This. My sister had one of these:

domino.png.cec6f8686e889d80c734acc4648485ed.png

I very rarely drove it without a smile on my face, even on the occasion that I borrowed it to move house!

I had the 5 door, you'd be surprised what you can get into in one of them, I can't remember her name though! 

Did my own sort of 'Pre mot' today. 

But concerned about corroded fuel pipes, not sure what to do. 

Also headlight aim might be a bit iffy due to a bump at the front and N/S headlight is not quite straight 

IMG_20191003_105515.thumb.jpg.725b7922ffdc63092e93c8a1efa244fb.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

IMG_20191003_105906.thumb.jpg.8f9168e378b9c0b2bc873ed663d48073.jpg

Jesus. They look flipping RIPE.

Fortunately, it’s replaceable and then you’ll never need to do them again!  But I fear that might be a show stopper right now.