Wafty Yank Barge of Dreams Collection Right Said Fred

Sealtainn

Norfolk night, in a Buick Park Avenue.

post-5013-0-89196400-1552953970_thumb.jpg

As Wuv posted about previously, the fact it has ABS fitted is plain to see. Also note the OE GM floor mats.

post-5013-0-13804400-1552954038_thumb.jpg

The offending hazard switch. This will bother me all day tomorrow! I actually think it's the bit in the steering column it screws in to that's the problem.

post-5013-0-36456100-1552954234_thumb.jpg

You've got it in third gear m8. ;-)

Yep, good spot, it was soon remedied!

A curiosity question.

How did the battery stay in place with the nearly non existent battery tray?

I wish I were brave enough to take something like this on.

There's enough tray for it to be sat on a level, but I'm sure it's moved around a bit since the trip home last night.  Haven't checked yet, but it's low down enough in the engine bay not to fall foul of anything (I think).

If its any help i'm going to be in Gateshead for the 12th - 13th of April for a scattering of ashes. As I'm based in Dundee I could get it from Gateshead to at least Aberdeen.

How are pepole insuring the big beast. Just buying day cover I take it.

Tonight's update.

I've managed to fix the hazards. Or rather work out how to use the switch. It wasn't actually broken, but you have to push the centre in firmly then pull the outer sleeve away from the steering column, using more force than you'd like on 30 year old cheap, brittle yank plastics. So crisis averted there then. Here's the knob in question.

post-5013-0-92300600-1553041774_thumb.jpg

I've left a note for the MoT man.

post-5013-0-70190700-1553041818_thumb.jpg

Sorry Sealtainn, I've been too tired to tackle the battery situation this evening. I'm working from home tomorrow so will have a go first thing. Instead I took it to get some fast food slop earlier, and have spent the rest of the evening getting drunk.

post-5013-0-43301100-1553042225_thumb.jpg

I had a Chrysler Codoba with a 318 in it.....if you exceeded 85, the speedo boinged at you like a demented cuckoo clock..I eventually managed to get it up to a speed where it went a bit mental.the boings increased in intensity, and then with a final screech, it shut up...it never boinged again.......

MoT time is 4.30pm today.  This morning I checked the basics (lights and wipers work fine), crawled underneath to clean the front ABS sensors in the hope that might extinguish the light.  Afraid not it's still lit.  I tried tying the battery down but without success, but if it's going to fail on the ABS anyway best wait until a proper job can be done i.e. cut down and fit the new battery tray Wuv provided.

A PAS pipe leading under the radiator support was leaking and close to popping off, so I tightened it and cleaned up the area, and also cleaned the battery earth point in the vain hope that might influence the ABS light.  CV gaitors, ball joint dust covers etc also look fine, albeit just after a cursory look.

So, it's now up to the MoT gods.  I'm slightly nervous and it's not even my car...