eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

$(KGrHqV,!jcE-ds(8pfzBP3J)9C9-w~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-FORD-ESC ... 231f00fc30

Now here's a little thing i pick up on, From the outset this looks quite smart but the seller says it's been resprayed from blue to red, I always question what kind of job have they made of it, then i see the door latch which is also red, if they can't be arsed to tape that off then what else couldn't they be arsed to do?.

$(KGrHqR,!l!E-b3n7WVgBP3JziWs1w~~60_3.JPG

This is the one that was for sale on ebay for a while over in Wales for something like £1000, It's now been bought, had some really shit looking alloys fitted and steering wheel (and chopped springs of course) and it's back on again.

There was a funny Buckley column a couple of years back where he was going on about how every old BMW in the country gets fitted with silly blingy wheels that do absolutely nothing for the looks, and the original (lovely) alloys get binned to the extent that there probably isn't a single example of an E12 left with the 'proper' wheels (an exaggeration of course, but only a slight one). TBH £2k doesn't seem like an obscene mark-up assuming you can flog said silly wheels and new rubber on to another boring BMW man and get some cash back. You can then use that money to buy some proper number plates for it.

Recommission this and join the club!

last taxed in 1998 and was then dry stored for 14 years

$(KGrHqZ,!m!E-q-vts7gBP)fb6In8!~~60_58.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271000791835

The last few days I've also had bother with the pictures coming out really big when I post them - not every listing, just some of them. I found if you play around with the numbers at the end of the img address you can change the size, for example if this turns out enormous:

...../$(KGrHqZ,!m!E-q-vts7gBP)fb6In8!~~60_58.JPG[/img]

...then change it to this:

...../$(KGrHqZ,!m!E-q-vts7gBP)fb6In8!~~60_85.JPG[/img]

It has worked a few times to give us a sensible size.

I think this deserves a special mention

$(KGrHqZHJBIE+LOWPI!-BP5M1WMQu!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-RENAULT- ... 19d252e7b7

'5th gear not working'

Quelle surprise. Are the actually a 4x4 or some sort of pointless 'lookalike'. Despite the problems and the fact modern Renaults don't seem too clever I would actually buy this, and it's only down the road too.

Quelle surprise. Are the actually a 4x4 or some sort of pointless 'lookalike'. Despite the problems and the fact modern Renaults don't seem too clever I would actually buy this, and it's only down the road too.

Yeah it's Steyr 4x4. Utterly shit. Rare to find one that works in 4x4 mode as most will have had the rear drive disconnected by now.

The usual Scenic problems apply after that...

For added shite points find a 1.9dci and wait for the engine to grenade itself by consuming its own oil.

Do they have their own box for the 4x4 Ross? I'm assuming it's some sort of permanent 4x4 system with a different box to normal Scenics?

Do they have their own box for the 4x4 Ross? I'm assuming it's some sort of permanent 4x4 system with a different box to normal Scenics?

It's part time 4x4, and I don't think the box is found on any other Scenics from what I remember.

The gearbox code on the 2.0 is JC7. Dunno about the diseasel box.

I think the Kangoo Trekka 1.6 might have the same box...

Hey Mash, do you remember when Hull had loads of Lada taxis? Cream Cabs I think it was, outside the station. A Yorkshire comedian (possibly Tony Capstick?) took the pi$$ at the panto one year, and the Lord Mayor got on his high horse and publically denounced him :D

You're dead right though, there used to be an export place on Hedon Road, just down from the prison :shock:

Cheers, Ross.

Here's one that should be in the bargains thread really

$(KGrHqIOKk!E6z58rT8VBPzMzjND5Q~~60_3.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-mini- ... 27c8702ac4

Pissed about with Mini c/w hideous bodykit £2495 and doesn't even seem to have an engine :roll:

That Hunter is magic, what engine will that be, some sort of 1500cc BMC* affair or something? He also seems to have an old 244(?) in his shed.

Full-12206741.jpeg

*Yes, I do know Rootes are a different company.

Hey Mash, do you remember when Hull had loads of Lada taxis? Cream Cabs I think it was, outside the station. A Yorkshire comedian (possibly Tony Capstick?) took the pi$$ at the panto one year, and the Lord Mayor got on his high horse and publically denounced him :D

You're dead right though, there used to be an export place on Hedon Road, just down from the prison :shock:

Yeah, I'm surprised that row hasn't been knocked down yet, it's still there but been boarded up for years now.