eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

13 hours ago, D.E said:

I just went down and bought this. £695 for a MoT 124 300E with a 'private' plate.

Now I just need to change my name to Ronald Paul Upminster and jobs a good un.

Huge mileage but seems to run ok*

Collection next week.

Now I have two 124's the same colour...

Scraps at £450 apparently.  There are so many of these 124's around prices are all over the place.

This is not a good one - this particular shade of maroon sheds its lacquer - it has a huge mileage and quite a few issues.  But hey at that money.

It's not a 4Matic - phew.

*definitely maybe.

11 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

I just went down and bought this. £695 for a MoT 124 300E with a 'private' plate.

Collection next week.

Scraps at £450 apparently.  There are so many of these 124's around prices are all over the place.

This is not a good one - this particular shade of maroon sheds its lacquer.

*definitely maybe.

Congrats!

I am 99,69% certain the advert did mention it was a 4Matic, guess the seller was wrong and changed it later?

45 minutes ago, D.E said:

Congrats!

I am 99,69% certain the advert did mention it was a 4Matic, guess the seller was wrong and changed it later?

Apparently a glitch with placing the ad. I did not really want a 4Matic. I've bought this 'as seen'. Wad of receipts but it's had lots of hard use.

1 hour ago, lesapandre said:

Collection next week.

This is not a good one - this particular shade of maroon sheds its lacquer - it has a huge mileage and quite a few issues.  But hey at that money.

*definitely maybe.

You can probably double you money by just chopping the cat off if it still has one... Parts will be worth every single pence. The reg might even be worth something to the right Chevy guy.

4 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Collection next week.

*definitely maybe.

Very good price including that plate.

5 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Collection next week.

*definitely maybe.

xxxRPU was fist issued in June 1959 and PU is an Essex location marker, I mention this as the Essex county council vehicle office records still exist, so you could make a request to the archive office and see what the plate was first assigned to and who that vehicle was registered too :) 

(and I could even possibly tell you if its still around today!)

46 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

That was at the ACA classic auction last month - made £1,560, and I thought it was overpriced at that.  It's a bit rough round the edges...

It's also obviously not one owner from new anymore like...

35 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

xxxRPU was fist issued in June 1959 and PU is an Essex location marker, I mention this as the Essex county council vehicle office records still exist, so you could make a request to the archive office and see what the plate was first assigned to and who that vehicle was registered too :) 

(and I could even possibly tell you if its still around today!)

Thank Mr Lightbulb - as ever a mine of really great information. 

It's years since I have owned a car with a 'non-suffix' plate. When I first started driving they were on a lot of 'bangers' nearing extinction.

Decades later I now have a 'banger' nearing extinction with one again. 😂

9 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

Shhhh!!! I'm trying to get a hold of the seller of that.... Wondering wtf is going on with the power steering tho...

Has it gone I can't find it any more?

17 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

Shhhh!!! I'm trying to get a hold of the seller of that.... Wondering wtf is going on with the power steering tho...

my mate had an lpg one in the same colour. £500 is a bargain if its not fecked