eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

11 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

It is a Magirus Deutz so air cooled Deutz engine.

If that uses a 6cyl turbo diesel then we used to use those engines offshore with a company called PIH. 

Tough as old boots. 

I'll never forget the look on the stupid yank who tried to tell the bridge that there was a " FIRE FIRE FIRE MAN!!!!!" as the spare Deutz kicked into life after there was an ever so slight oil leak into the turbo housing and clouded the thing in smoke. Problem was that the client had INSISTED we have a spare generator for the coil running at all times just incase an issue occurred and we could swap out cables to start straight back up, typical oil company mentality of go go go!!!! Of course this minor oil leak had spent 11hrs idling merrily away dripping oil into the exhaust and causing a very minor puff now and again, but straight up to full rpm meant all that lovely hot oil had to burn off somewhere. 

I still recall telling him to "go fuck himself" after he tried to continously lecture me that the engine was on fire, even made a point of following me into our container to try and continue an argument he'd started with himself, rather than accepting that it was just a slightly leaky turbo seal. 

Shitfucks still didn't sack me, bastards. 

On 2/24/2022 at 9:13 PM, C3C3 said:

Good fucking lord the poor thing will throw part of a tappet into your face at mach 3.

Remind me to take an aygo turbo and fit it to the 957cc Valencia engine I have from my mk1 fiesta some time. What a hoot.

Didn't that Dutch company do an actual turbo conversion for these using the 1.3 pushrod? Van akken I think. http://www.kaklub.co.uk/pwpcontrol.php?pwpID=1910

3 hours ago, vaughant said:

If that uses a 6cyl turbo diesel then we used to use those engines offshore with a company called PIH. 

Tough as old boots. 

I'll never forget the look on the stupid yank who tried to tell the bridge that there was a " FIRE FIRE FIRE MAN!!!!!" as the spare Deutz kicked into life after there was an ever so slight oil leak into the turbo housing and clouded the thing in smoke. Problem was that the client had INSISTED we have a spare generator for the coil running at all times just incase an issue occurred and we could swap out cables to start straight back up, typical oil company mentality of go go go!!!! Of course this minor oil leak had spent 11hrs idling merrily away dripping oil into the exhaust and causing a very minor puff now and again, but straight up to full rpm meant all that lovely hot oil had to burn off somewhere. 

I still recall telling him to "go fuck himself" after he tried to continously lecture me that the engine was on fire, even made a point of following me into our container to try and continue an argument he'd started with himself, rather than accepting that it was just a slightly leaky turbo seal. 

Shitfucks still didn't sack me, bastards. 

Thanks for sharing this story. And I'm pretty sure these trucks had V8 engines. And a quick google search confirmed this they had the Deutz F8L air cooled V8 diesel engine.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202272998204?price-to=1000&postcode=cb12az&include-delivery-option=on&year-to=2004&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=datedesc&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

51f594fcfca24bc1a295a0337b5fd490.jpg

Non runner, needs a new carburettor, will not start.has had a new alternator, belt, spark plugs. HT leads, distributor cap and rotor arm in the last month, fitted by myself.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:32 PM, Dan29 said:

2004 MG ZT-T CDTi, was once solar red - £750 - Sussex : https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=317915

rover1.jpg

Now £450 without Android stereo and on set of 18" gridspokes, or £600 as is.

Notes from @High Jetter:

I went to see this earlier today. Seems an honest and solid car, but the extent of the lacquer-peel and damaged paintwork is too much for me. I was also disappointed with the performance, but that might be just my expectations being unrealistic. Car is near Crowborough, owner is a pleasant gent. Can put him in touch with you if you like.