Cycling North After Winter

Bucketeer

Waterproofment stuff.

Waterproof trousers and jacket in the bag in the pannier along with rubber gloves and brandy.

post-13750-0-67717700-1544031020_thumb.jpg

And for the feet I have some BFO wellies that I picked up in an Accrington charity shop the other day and also some Smurf hats/shoe covers for my trainers.

post-13750-0-10367700-1544031065_thumb.jpg

What are you riding? My old FZ was not the most comfortable thing to comute on in slower traffic, once moving at speed it was fine.

I'm no medic and just ride a bicycle but I got a pair of Chiba Bioxcel mitts because they claim to be designed to cure the Ulnar problem. There is probably something more motorbike specific out there. Main issue is the amount of weight on your hands, try a more upright position? Not sure if that's possible on a motorbike. Vibration doesn't help so try lower tyre pressure. Small changes make a big difference.

This looks like a good haul of stuff. If you need to replace a chainring they are very cheap on eBay just a few quid. A whole new crankset is less than £20 if it's old 7-8 speed.

Jerome Russell hair bleach is the best bleach. will turn literally anything blonde. I used to use it to dye my mohawk back in the good old days when I still had hair. I Recommend it to anyone who'll listen.

• Like 3

I've heard they sell brandy abroad too Rob, so I think I'll be fine.

I've given up packing and sorting stuff for today. I'm close but it's a bit of a squeeze fitting everything in, and I was starting to get a bit stressed.

• Like 3

Good luck, Al. We’re all routing for you, M8. Have fun, stay safe and post some words and pictures of your adventures along the way.

free.

And if you pay £50 then start getting letters reminding you to renew, then sorry, but you've fallen for a legal con.

I've got an out of date one, does that count?

no. renew online and It should be ok, even if you don't have the physical card.

• Like 3

More than a little jealous - nothing I like better than the prospect of a big journey, and this will be an adventure too! Plus, I believe that the smart money is staying in Europe...

Good luck, send pics.

I finally managed to get everything packed. Just.

I've stuffed the tent, sleeping mat and Camelbak down my pants and now I think I'm good* to go.

post-13750-0-64755000-1544099507_thumb.jpg

Trailer is full.

post-13750-0-38928900-1544099629_thumb.jpg

The last bit of lucky tat has been affixed to the bicycle.

post-13750-0-54510200-1544099545_thumb.jpg

I took the bike (minus the trailer) for a quick run up and down the road and the middle chainring seems to be fixed now/for now.

post-13750-0-71471000-1544099597_thumb.jpg

There were a couple of things I couldn't fit in the trailer or on the bike.

post-13750-0-72865700-1544099659_thumb.jpg

I have managed to take every item I have been donated though.

Many, many thanks again everyone. Hopefully I can do you proud with loads of spots and words and all that shizzle.

My lift to the ferry is due within the hour, although due to the 02 network having a meltdown we are not currently able to contact each other, so hopefully they can use the force to find where I am.

Also, more good news is that the weather in Rotterdam for when I arrive is looking absolutely lovely.

post-13750-0-96245700-1544099674_thumb.png