Saab C900 - Off to the new owner

The Moog

What do you do with a car you are selling?

Well buy bits for it. Window regulators sourced and will be fitted next week

• Like 2

No, they're quite dinky but the proportions make them look longer

Had a look and it's 23cm longer than a Leyland Princess.

I did not expect that.

And I can only just fit the Princess in the garage, which is a pain in the ar*e. 

So the SAAB cannae fit.

WIfe has always hated the looks of these.  It's one of the few cars she recoils from.

Yet she drives a funny-face Multipla about.

So a ticket for me please. 

Now that does surprise me! I tend to think of these as small to medium and Princesses as big. Doubt I've ever seen them side by side though!

All updated 

I think that puts us into single digits left (possibly 8, but only quickly scanned through)

13 to go - some people had to drop out so numbers have fluctuated. 

Yep, I'll cave as well.

#44 & #47 please to increase to 3 for £30.

Cheers

Aware this will backfire and one of the random numbers will win, but any chance I could have #44  & #47 if available instead of #20 & #55

No worries if not.

Aware this will backfire and one of the random numbers will win, but any chance I could have #44  & #47 if available instead of #20 & #55

No worries if not.

Done - Sorry was trying to do it it in a hurry

The proportions are odd. They've got a really quite short wheelbase, but huge overhangs at both ends. Reckon that's one of the reasons the ride is a bit odd compared to most cars.

Still looks tiny compared to a current generation Corsa!

I have really overthought this.  I actually woke in the middle of the night wondering If I should post "2 tickets please" and I have been considering it for the last few days.  I don't like gambling but its an old Saab.  Its got to be worth it.  Annoyingly if I wasn't so poor I would buy a 900 anyway.  Probably would have asked "how much mister?" relating to this one.

Against my inner voice -

"2 tickets please".

"Randoms."

I have no need of it at all, I have nowhere to store it (maybe), it isn't ULEZ compliant in this fucking universe, I have no fucking way at all of collecting it whatsoever, all at, ever. Really not at all. Not even a little bit. 

I used to have a 900 and loved it, I used to have a chrome bumpered 99 and really loved it.

Number 15 please. 

I'm really fucked if I win it. 

• Like 4

The short wheelbase and upright A pillar really shouldn't work but... It all just does. Brilliant design work to take a sixties car and make it fit for the eighties.

Only just noticed your request Ken - number 15 has been allocated. 

As it stands my ebay win NSF window regulator has disappeared - not been delivered yet showing as it has. I am hoping it hasnt gone AWOL as it was the cheapest I could find. 

OSF quadrant has been ordered should be with me next week 

• Like 2

I see you are offering pies - I am consequently powerless to resist - one mid table random please

(are those english pies any good ? I'm accustomed to the best steak pies in scotland don't you know)

All tickets allocated.

I reckon you would like a butter pie Mr GM. I am not sure our unnamed meat pies beat Scottish steak pie.

The Saab mechanism is apparently at a shop instead of being delivered to me. So with a following wind, I should be able to fix both windows before it goes.

Is the list at post #2 up to date? If so, ticket #42 for Keymaster please.

Because a Saab is the answer to life, the universe and everything and will make his life complete*. And that back seat is ideal for transporting basses.

What a nice friend you are Chdoweaver!

Down the last 5 tickets now

As of 6pm today the car has both front electric windows that shut, a boot that doesn't smack you in the head due to new gas struts.

As I am a kind gent I am going to add to the pot - 3 cans of pop or 3 bottle of local beer to aid your pie digestions.

So you get

A car with almost full year of mot and very blue carpets

6 pies from two different Accrington bakeries

3 cans of pop or local beer

That's all for £12.50 a ticket.

Would be great to get them all sold and paid for a Wednesday draw.

I am off to Scotland next weekend so potentially could deliver it anywhere between Accrington and Crieff/Kinross (if it is insured and taxed)