Jump to content
outlaw118

The grumpy thread

Recommended Posts

Went to see HMHB in Edinburgh last month with my Brothers.

Grump?  - My brother lent over and reminded me that the first time we saw HMHB was almost exactly 33 years ago to the day. FFS 33 years! I still remember that afternoon like it was yesterday - Not so much the evening...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paulplom said:

In a massive fit of not fucking concentrating my current girlfriend has managed to write off my volvo against my van while pulling away from parked behind it. She has her own policy on the volvo luckily. I've owned it for 10 years or so and I love it to bits. We've been all over the county caravaning with it as well as trips abroad. I'm gutted.
A mate with a body shop has quoted me £450 if I buy the door to repair it. I'm hoping the insurance company will let me buy it back though. Not bothered in the least about the van although I still want it fixed. 310204c4d507068752b257e5006fb28d.jpg28d3d61e47b6638e7dd6517f5bea03d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
 

My (now)wife did exactly that 24 years ago with a renault Laguna, I'd only had it a month , she parked in an under the arches lock up through work, came back and somebody had parked a Luton van with it blocking 2ft of the exit

She went for it and the car looked exactly like yours , when I asked why she didn't go right she said I don't know the way home if I turn right 

I still married her because big tits trumped bad driving back then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking Insurance!

1998 Ford Galaxy 2.0 with 7 seats and Cat C or D (Can't remember which) = £38 per month.

2000 Nissan Almera 1.5..........................................................................................................= £41 per month

 

Go figure.

Pissed off now, this was about saving money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Go figure.

Pissed off now, this was about saving money.

 

Does that include your admin fee for change of policy? If so, depending on how many months you have left, the Almera IS cheaper to insure. I always get stung the £25 or whatever - even when it's an online change and you have paperless settings. Needless to say swapping cars every 5 minutes can never end up saving you money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shedenvy said:

Does that include your admin fee for change of policy? If so, depending on how many months you have left, the Almera IS cheaper to insure. I always get stung the £25 or whatever - even when it's an online change and you have paperless settings. Needless to say swapping cars every 5 minutes can never end up saving you money.

I had a similar bizarre exchange back in 2016 when I bought my KIA. Along the lines of 'your annual premium has reduced by £50 so that'll be £75 extra for the change and the remianing 3 months of cover....'. An interesting* exchange of views took place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, dave j said:

Saw this tyre on a car parked next to me yesterday. It was a 13 plate c max. Scary to think people drive with tyres in this state! 

20190706_194505.jpg

Shitting Nora !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, shedenvy said:

Does that include your admin fee for change of policy? If so, depending on how many months you have left, the Almera IS cheaper to insure. I always get stung the £25 or whatever - even when it's an online change and you have paperless settings. Needless to say swapping cars every 5 minutes can never end up saving you money.

My renewal is may. Across the year, it is a couple of quid more expensive apparently, but obviously exacerbated by the admin fee. Just surprised it was about the same yearly premium for both cars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:
1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Don't say things like that, you'll break Autoshite emoji23.png
 

Are you actually enjoying this though?

Me? No. I was referring to the rest of Autoshite, who mostly seem to enjoy the madness. 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

My renewal is may. Across the year, it is a couple of quid more expensive apparently, but obviously exacerbated by the admin fee. Just surprised it was about the same yearly premium for both cars. 

I had a range rover 2002 with the 3.0D engine in, insured for £200 , i got a quote for a 1999 BMW 330D with the 3.0D engine in it, £450 , bought a MX5 £107 ,I'm sure it's a quote dartboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh. I went to see the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra last night and half way through the triangle player just disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh. I went to see the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra last night and half way through the triangle player just disappeared.

The rest of the orchestra subsequently crashed without warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh. I went to see the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra last night and half way through the triangle player just disappeared.

You think you've got problems. I had to call the police out to the wife as she refused to take her afternoon nap.

They arrested her for resisting arrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh. I went to see the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra last night and half way through the triangle player just disappeared.

I used to play triangle in a reggae band. I was tucked away at the back, doing my own ting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The house move saga continues.  The house my other half is currently renting and which I'd started to move my stuff into is now, presumably, being sold by the landlord so it needs to be vacated by the end of August.  Super!  That means faffing about trying to find another rental property suitable at short notice and a hit to the savings for both of us when we could do without it.

We're trying to be positive about it and hoping we can find somewhere at least with flatter off-road parking and maybe even a bit more internal space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

The house move saga continues.  The house my other half is currently renting and which I'd started to move my stuff into is now, presumably, being sold by the landlord so it needs to be vacated by the end of August.  Super!  That means faffing about trying to find another rental property suitable at short notice and a hit to the savings for both of us when we could do without it.

We're trying to be positive about it and hoping we can find somewhere at least with flatter off-road parking and maybe even a bit more internal space.

They can't make you move out by end August, 3 months is the minimum they can give you, and then you really don't have to if you want to be awkward/cannot find somewhere to live, as long as you keep paying the rent they will have to evict you, they might even pay you to leave, you have a lot of rights as a tenant and sometimes it pays to play the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

They can't make you move out by end August, 3 months is the minimum they can give you, and then you really don't have to if you want to be awkward/cannot find somewhere to live, as long as you keep paying the rent they will have to evict you, they might even pay you to leave, you have a lot of rights as a tenant and sometimes it pays to play the game. 

 Unless his landlord is a Rachman clone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners... We’ve been entrusted, unbeknownst to me, to look after the in laws dog. Who on earth signs up for this? It’s a PITA! The god forsaken thing is constantly under my feet, pestering the kids, pissing in the kitchen. It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners... We’ve been entrusted, unbeknownst to me, to look after the in laws dog. Who on earth signs up for this? It’s a PITA! The god forsaken thing is constantly under my feet, pestering the kids, pissing in the kitchen. It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

 

Don't forget picking up their turds when you take them for a walk 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners.... It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Are there benefits to having children? At least my dogs are generally affectionate and pleased to see me.

It could be worse though, you could have been asked to look after a horse.

(I quite like horses, but they seem to cost about the same to run as a Bentley)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...