Barry'd from the factory

FakeConcern

Barry Island... Forget McLaren buggies + WhiteLightening + ogasms and dropped chips....

Remember the good things = Britain's heritage railways!

TTF this island really does have somewhere 'well out the back of beyond' ;)

I have walked on the beach. it had sand.

i find that a bonus.

I think the point is being missed a little in the case of a lot of these cars. Proper performance versions that sported bigger wheels and in some cases , now dated , aerodynamic addenda aren't the same thing at all as just throwing I'll judged body kits or graphics at an everyday shopping hatch.

A case in point is the BX 4TC, it's an actual Group B car , the road going homologation version might look a bit odd, but Barried? No, in the same way a 6R4, Delta S4 or T16 aren't .

This times a million. A 190e 2.3/2.5 16v is probably the least barried homologation special ever.

Also, the BX 4tc looks the way it does because they set out to win rallies, not sell the model to the great unwashed.

Barry Island... Forget McLaren buggies + WhiteLightening + ogasms and dropped chips....

Remember the good things = Britain's heritage railways!

TTF this island really does have somewhere 'well out the back of beyond' ;)

I have walked on the beach. it had sand.

i find that a bonus.

Can't talk about vans without mentioning this!

post-20612-0-65022400-1534153547_thumb.jpg

In 1981, for mainland European market only, the Transit Clubmobil was introduced by the Hymer company. This was fitted with a 1.6 / 2.0 OHC engine, and featured a custom interior – captain style swivel seats in velour, pile carpet, motorsport steering wheel, unique Ronal 14" alloy wheels, unique side windows, folding back seat, luggage box, unique front spoiler, tinted glass, power assisted steering, spare wheel carrier and rear door ladder. In 3 years of production 150 were produced and less than 20 are thought to still exist.

How much do these Focus Collections go for out of interest?

An absolute fucking fortune. If I were you I’d try and buy one ASAP, probably a dark coloured three door 1.8 with aftermarket alloys. If only we knew someone selling one.

If only.

Speaking of Holden Panelvans, I must introduce you all to the Holden Sandman

87f0e81a7d3415d3cbc5b9735dd7adb6.jpeg

0bc5ebffa4d59edf840278e383d67fa9.jpeg

927d6e4271297d96ea5e86bf3c1f263a.jpeg

878175ffb5dfedd97d7ef1ee026267fc.jpeg

Probably my favourite car in Forza Horizon 3.

Also, regarding this:

Can't talk about vans without mentioning this!

attachicon.gifClubmobil 1.JPG

How the fuck did they make the glass for that side window?!

I think the point is being missed a little in the case of a lot of these cars. Proper performance versions that sported bigger wheels and in some cases , now dated , aerodynamic addenda aren't the same thing at all as just throwing I'll judged body kits or graphics at an everyday shopping hatch.

A case in point is the BX 4TC, it's an actual Group B car , the road going homologation version might look a bit odd, but Barried? No, in the same way a 6R4, Delta S4 or T16 aren't .

This is what I had in mind with my original post, it's the non performance cars that really count as Barry'd, hence the examples I chose! However it is really nice seeing all these examples of factory modded cars.

I don't want to jump on the all moderns are shit bandwagon but the factory decal kits you see nowadays are awful.

S7-Ford-Ka-Grand-Prix-un-look-ultra-spor

I thought it was illegal to display racing numbers when on the road unless you're competing in an organised event. Now we've got manufacturers offering them as stick-on accessories FFS.