Mismatched panel colour thread.

Jim Bell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, bunglebus said:

20210602_074342.jpg

That actually works quite well. I do hope the bonnet lid is also the same shade of silver.

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

That actually works quite well. I do hope the bonnet lid is also the same shade of silver.

Nope just the hatch

• 2 weeks later...

^ I think they were sold like that from new. I seem to remember seeing them in reviews and stuff. Or I could have dreamt that. Someone else here will know. 

8 minutes ago, Yoss said:

^ I think they were sold like that from new. I seem to remember seeing them in reviews and stuff. Or I could have dreamt that. Someone else here will know. 

If that's a factory job, there's someone working for Peugeot who is keen on the 'I'll only paint half of my car whatever paint I have sat on the shelf to cover the cheaply repaired accident damage as I'm a tightarse' look. 

I've been meaning to capture the finest patchwork quilt jobs commonly found on the 455 fleet. This isn't the best example, but I'm tired and have just finished work! 😁

DSC_8632.JPG

• Like 2

On 30/07/2021 at 21:30, Leyland Worldmaster said:

I've been meaning to capture the finest patchwork quilt jobs commonly found on the 455 fleet. This isn't the best example, but I'm tired and have just finished work! 😁

DSC_8632.JPG

What has happened to the cab roof?

11 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

What has happened to the cab roof?

I don't know; was wondering if that kwalitee* looking repair was some kind of sealer between the roof\dome and the sides. All seem to have this around the roof area! 😁

Literally none of the panels on this are the same colour as the ones they're next to. Staggering.

It's not got a write off marker on it but reading between the lines I think it probably deserves one.

image.thumb.png.998fff58657ead3b85a7b108793c5e3e.png

image.thumb.png.ad545e126d9118354a4947ba5c4f096c.png

image.thumb.png.c02f7595f5aecdd51fd42fff68bee992.png

image.png