Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mcmolloy1 said:

Just got 2 tyres fitted, asked for budget ones which the guy said were called 'imperial'. Went back to collect and the tyres have no name on them whatsoever! Guy I dealt with was nowhere to be seen so went on my way. 

Can anyone guess what these are

It is a Z tyre, made by Zenises who appear to be a UK firm, but I guess they just put their logo on any old tat - there's a website here but the work IT system is refusing to allow me to look at most of the pages due to 'malware' so beware. - https://www.zenises.com/about-zenises/

image.png

image.png

12 minutes ago, martc said:

It is a Z tyre, made by Zenises who appear to be a UK firm, but I guess they just put their logo on any old tat - there's a website here but the work IT system is refusing to allow me to look at most of the pages due to 'malware' so beware. - https://www.zenises.com/about-zenises/

image.png

image.png

That sounds very much like the blurb for Davanti tyres as well. Designed in Europe but made in some state of the art cheap factory in China.

14 hours ago, leakingstrut said:

Walked past a Chinese Takeaway today called the Golden Crown. Which is also a brand of tyre on one of the bin lorries at work. I don’t know what the thinking is with the council buying tyres - sometimes they get premium brand and other times they get ditchfinders, on the same vehicle. 

Presumably you have a buyer who knows something about tyres and another who thinks they’re all just the same rubber rings.

Where I used to work, the purchasing manager was a nightmare , always justifying his decision to buy the cheapest possible items with the line , they’re all the same.

Star items were non stick masking tape and dissolvable rubber gloves. 

15 hours ago, leakingstrut said:

Walked past a Chinese Takeaway today called the Golden Crown. Which is also a brand of tyre on one of the bin lorries at work. I don’t know what the thinking is with the council buying tyres - sometimes they get premium brand and other times they get ditchfinders, on the same vehicle. 

Be prepared for a traffic jam of bin lorries stranded by their cheap black rings of fear, following the lead of Putin and Co.

1 hour ago, Metal Guru said:

Where I used to work, the purchasing manager was a nightmare , always justifying his decision to buy the cheapest possible items with the line , they’re all the same.

"The fact that you believe that to be true means you're really not competent to be a purchasing manager..."

CAfZRINVAAAc5eq.png.8b1b4b4e5b28802d14c317a6ba382897.png

16 hours ago, leakingstrut said:

Usually it's just due to a contract with a maintenance company that chooses whatever is convenient/in stock/highest profit margin at that moment

On 25/10/2023 at 12:37, 5speedracer said:

That sounds very much like the blurb for Davanti tyres as well. Designed in Europe but made in some state of the art cheap factory in China.

That's an interesting* job designing tyres. Unless we're talking compounds and stuff like that, most of the groundwork has been pretty much laid out; shape 'yep', size(s) 'yep' colour 'any colour as long as its black haha'. Just invent some grooves to go on the outside and a silly name to go on the sides and we're in business.

ETA, I imagine 60% of the designer's time goes on coming up with a suitable name, Manfat, Faststone, Clitway etc.

2 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Those remind me of the attempt by Benetton in 1986

Gerhard-Berger-Benetton.jpg

R.7e71d8be1f17e1bd8e764a5d0d85a8e3?rik=6

You can get tyres that give of coloured smoke

The drift girl on Bangers: Mad for Cars put some of those that make pink smoke on her MX5. Bought from eBay, naturally.

• 2 weeks later...