Jump to content

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I was going to say “at last , a benefit from climate change”, but then the Romans were growing grapes here 2000 years ago.

What have the Romans ever given us? Grapes.

Posted

Idly watching old car YouTube as I prep some systems and came across this:

Been aware of Cowland but never watched his stuff. Imagine my surprise when I watch this one and recognise the chap doing the work in the video... the same smart repair bloke I've been using for years on both the first Qashqai and the X-Trail!

  • Like 2
Posted

The good life beckons , a spud , a tyre ( everyone here has tyres ) and some soil .

IMG_20260929_113854.jpg.df697fffadcca29c4d0c9c87c7f71e66.jpgIMG_20260929_114009.jpg.72817d7ba639bbbffd9465beacc9bb69.jpg

Posted

 

so the rick wakeman one is good and i posted the mike oldfield one where him just fucking about talking about tubular bells

billy does the same thing while hes talking and starts playing adagio for strings

OMG!!! (also sodomy.........?!?!?!!?!!?! LMAO)

also didnt know about the playing by ear = even more talented

wow

  • Like 3
Posted

from benny and the jets (hed been talking about using eltons backing band and he was making a song and they said it sounded like that)

into rachmaninov :o

also another story about movin out and how when it started it sounded like neil sedaka - no cant do that :D

Posted

Blatantly pinched from hubnut’s FB page.

 

IMG_3927.jpeg

  • Like 3
Posted

This could go in the lazy spotters thread but it's too good for that. 

There were some people getting out of the Škoda behind who disappeared in to house also behind. 

IMG_20260930_105041.jpg.f1a1ff1bead936596f91537c6d26ada4.jpg

Seconds later a man appears from the house so obviously they went in and said hey dad, there's a bloke outside taking pictures of your car. Fortunately I had the Škoda parked a couple of spaces away so he could see I was of similar frame of mind. 

Apparently Giannini are a tuning company, like Abarth before Abarth became just a badge for fast Fiats. 

IMG_20260930_105111.jpg.67355e5dd6b43aceef43b3d3aba4bea3.jpg

They were never sold here but the chap had made this RHD replica with Giannini parts including the leather seats. Had a 1000 badge on the back so I asked if that was what was in it. No, it's 1.4 turbo from an Uno Turbo, as are the wheels! 

Does it handle, I ask. No, was his very direct response, and then he repeated it just to make sure I understood! Apparently he only uses the power in a straight line. 116hp in something that weighs as much as a cardboard box must be entertaining. 

Also the owner was Italian just to finish it all off. 

Even if it only had a standard engine it would be a fabulous thing. Absolutely mint. Very much would. 

 

Posted
3 hours ago, Yoss said:

This could go in the lazy spotters thread but it's too good for that. 

There were some people getting out of the Škoda behind who disappeared in to house also behind. 

IMG_20260930_105041.jpg.f1a1ff1bead936596f91537c6d26ada4.jpg

Seconds later a man appears from the house so obviously they went in and said hey dad, there's a bloke outside taking pictures of your car. Fortunately I had the Škoda parked a couple of spaces away so he could see I was of similar frame of mind. 

Apparently Giannini are a tuning company, like Abarth before Abarth became just a badge for fast Fiats. 

IMG_20260930_105111.jpg.67355e5dd6b43aceef43b3d3aba4bea3.jpg

They were never sold here but the chap had made this RHD replica with Giannini parts including the leather seats. Had a 1000 badge on the back so I asked if that was what was in it. No, it's 1.4 turbo from an Uno Turbo, as are the wheels! 

Does it handle, I ask. No, was his very direct response, and then he repeated it just to make sure I understood! Apparently he only uses the power in a straight line. 116hp in something that weighs as much as a cardboard box must be entertaining. 

Also the owner was Italian just to finish it all off. 

Even if it only had a standard engine it would be a fabulous thing. Absolutely mint. Very much would. 

 

Amazing, not seen another.

Posted
7 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Amazing, not seen another.

Neither had I. I started googling them and couldn't find another Panda. 

I found this Cinq which is quite subtle. 

1995-fiat-500-69dd04e876dbc.jpg.5fa9c5318acbe796293ab28657d33121.jpg

And, a few 126s which are less subtle but still smart. 

10772436_Vue.webp.2e9e0cb57ec2bc3e4fad54f11cffdb7c.webp

But the most recent thing I found from 2017 was this! Less subtle. 

580b7da5-Giannini-350-cover-MAIN.jpg.d6d0c93790bb1afb9ed9f578fdef3ee3.jpg

62414d62-Giannini-350-rear.webp.701273f6c1f8f3ab89247c4504025819.webp

Posted

20261001_094121.jpg.860262f4b5772e41b220bfb38815d0e3.jpgWoo

So got here and got a cheap drink from.smiths

Sat down opposite gate

Just happens to be the one I go from woop

That happens only rarely

Posted

We're still only 90 mins from home, but Scotland doesn't look like too much of a shitehole from this angle ..

PXL_20261001_090528116.jpg.42102b43d481f408f3c85a0d3fa47e59.jpg

PXL_20261001_095252258.jpg.59a716a592a6f0dd6814bd25a51d9e5c.jpg

PXL_20261001_101225129.jpg.cab2437a0f74ca0dcfc496d3c6f5ebdf.jpg

Posted

This should be in the grumpy thread

Fuck did they give me

 

its here cos chickens but should in the grin thread cos craic  was 150 on the A19

 

it has power meter but its a 116

 

i think its hybrid cos rhe meter went south when braking for.belgians.on the motorway20261001_164845.jpg.0ae6d057573e15597ceee751bb56b4d4.jpg20261001_165008.jpg.aa217bf2f11bf1fbf45e024f1e69e5d0.jpg20261001_165016.jpg.e13aabe59d1c50a639e2c0e0e4a97212.jpg20261001_165101.jpg.f0016a50dddb4b278f52459f113be0e0.jpg

Posted

Oh yes fucking lol at the hire place

Thrifty but hertz - oook

Get there and there's two yoksher arguing about the deposit

I don't have to pay that

I've already paid thru Ryanair ( first mistake)

Chap is the Belgian version of meh ( i couldn't keep me face straight)

I shouldn't need to give you card

You will have to.speal to them sir here's the number

You have no booking

There's now a queue and the chap tells him and he still stands there 

He them tries to get on the phone while stood at the desk

I gently say youre gonna have to make your call somewhere else -he then reluctantly moves.and I get served and say.nothing about any of it and get my keys and walk out to (not) find the car

I walk back in and ask.nad he says follow orange line for 100 meters you'll see the numbers

Thr Yorkshire are now talking to the avis desk.next door :D

that's.not gonna be cheap boss

  • Like 2
Posted

Turned the corner in Tesco,  made me laugh.

motion_photo_1711022485075336476.jpg.9d213426ed8022d14fe9fd978896958c.jpg

  • Haha 3
Posted

I'm 200 metres from the menin gate and just been passed by a w reg 5 door civic

It's waffle time20261001_184313.jpg.1d0ddd89df589bdef92faf3641128621.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...