Youtube moments

Volksy

Found this whole looking for old footage of my home town.  They've spelled Barnstaple wrong and I am not sure the date is right, it might be a couple of years newer but it's an interesting look at some old street furniture.  I'm no bus spotter but the older buses make a much better noise than the current ones!  The bus station would have been brand new at the time, but otherwise it's surprising how little has changed in 20 years.

Bonus mk3 Cavalier and 405 taxi action.

Around this time and in the next couple of years I used these buses a lot.  All the red and yellow ones were operated by Red Bus, a local company who got bought out around this time by First.  Most of the bigger buses were ancient, dilapidated, unreliable and some leaked copiously in the rain.  They were constantly late and the service was pretty hopeless but it was all we had, things did improve when First started running things and bringing in new buses and it is now a Stagecoach service which is pretty decent, I used to hate relying on the buses as a teenager to get to work as they were so undependable but this does bring some happy memories of the giddy freedom of first being able to go places on the bus with just your mates and no parents in tow.

When I am able to find the parts to fix my Betamax servo I’ll upload the launch advert for the Peugeot 205 which I found yesterday

Oh well, in the meantime here’s an advert for the 1987 Nissan Bluebird found on another of my tapes:

^^I may have done a tiny sex wee at all those bits. Is there a link to the guys channel?

Will have to contact the garage I need door rubbers that they've got on some of the total wrecks.

Warmington garage services Northamptonshire uses Elephant as pump attendant. Very different times

I have never heard a joke delivered as well as the joke at 50 seconds. I laughed for a minute straight. 

I have never heard a joke delivered as well as the joke at 50 seconds. I laughed for a minute straight.

Did you not see that coming from a mile off? I groaned at that one.

... but I have to wonder why the wheels were all locked on the pick-up being recovered.