HMC- evening shite pilgrimage/ collection LIVE

HMC

4 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Did you drive it back from Brizzle?

No i got it delivered, after a chat with the vendor (local trips, not used a huge amount) i decided to “not go there “

Ooh, I've always wanted one of those re-badged Lanchesters ! I think I'll really struggle to resist when it inevitably comes up for sale in a few weeks...

The Centurys aren't as stodgy as might be imagined. The Century refers to the engine power,100hp, and they could do 90 when the average family saloon was pushed to get beyond 70.

A beautiful car from a bygone era, 

Not everything was better back in the day but engineering innovation and quality most certainly was.

Judging by the way it appears to have been hammered into place and bending the trim, probably the latter.

1 hour ago, HMC said:

original or aftermarket?

Some other little details- ICE

IMG_3878.thumb.jpeg.27e8f625ac566ea7b4340c565886adb1.jpeg

IMG_3877.thumb.jpeg.ec03178a7a2e3120ef06b3f7be8a0829.jpeg

separate amp for the choonz

IMG_3879.thumb.jpeg.2cbec263bfe16283ccfdd2f4fe4b5f60.jpeg

And a concealed speaker between the rear seats. None of it works but it all deserves to stay. Presumably quite something in 1954!

IMG_3876.thumb.jpeg.d5d7754d1dd33f7567835e611aecc1d1.jpeg

• HMC changed the title to HMC- Daimler Conquest Century arrival

IIRC the Conquest was originally marketed at £1066. Which is nice, if somewhat ahistoric given it was the normans conquesting southern britain. Naughty normans, giving us bad habits.

• Like 3

Another nice old bus.

I'm interested in how you manage the insurance for such a regular turnover - is there a policy that allows you to do it economically? A new policy each time seems like quite an on-cost. Please tell... 👂

22 minutes ago, N Dentressangle said:

Another nice old bus.

I'm interested in how you manage the insurance for such a regular turnover - is there a policy that allows you to do it economically? A new policy each time seems like quite an on-cost. Please tell... 👂

With the daimler i remembered id sold the p6 to @NorthernMonkey   a short while ago  and the policy was still active (footman james) so changed the cover to the daimler-  £25 admin fee. 

IMG_2653.thumb.jpeg.f537d77547a9ca0f48bf2dcf9f23700e.jpeg

IMG_3882.thumb.jpeg.84a185e0af1a95957992a351f2d789ee.jpeg

• Like 4

With the Jag (recently re-acquired- whoops) i used the still active policy for the xm (esure as a “modern”) and got a £60 refund. CASHBACK

IMG_3548.thumb.jpeg.30b32d59bd0474db640a944939587b34.jpeg

IMG_2808.thumb.jpeg.8fd9183a5a14717306ae3fedf337cde2.jpeg

• Like 3

Actually a tactic that works with esure, say if you want to cancel but avoid the admin fee is to ask for a change of vehicle and make it an older vehicle- say pre 1985. In the 2 legitimate instances i have had the customer service people waived the cancellation fees; this I believe is discretionary and im generally good at being charming in such telephone situations 😂