Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do loves a good RR.

Even if it has a cruddy manual box in it. [hates autos]

I saw this being towed up the A1 this evening (vastly inadequate tow vehicle, no lights or number plate):

Posted Image

OBV pissed off that I wasn't tugging it home.

Instead I was laden with a POND, dragging it to the home of the fastest lady drag racer in the UK. What a funny life I lead.[/url]

Wow - that '86 2-door Rangie is THE DOGS.I thought they'd dropped the 2-door even earlier than that in the UK ('83?) to be honest*, but I do remember seeing a load of brand new 2-doors at the docks in Calais in the summer of '89, so the continentals obviously still got 'em.* Yeah yeah R-R fans, I know all about the 2-door CSK special edition in 1990. So there.

Guest greenvanman

Yes, campers go for stupid money

It's really only the professional conversions that hold their value. Homebrew campers can often be had for peanuts, even if the conversion is a tidy job like this one.That Ebro van is one ugly mutha though. Can you still get parts for them over here?

Homebrew campers can often be had for peanuts, even if the conversion is a tidy job like this one.

Wish I could find one... mind you, I think I'll forget it until it's November and rainy, it's not really an intelligent time of year for me to expect a camper bargain.

[sL - fancy rescuing this Datsun from the banger boys?

I’d love to, but in the real world……It’s interesting, fairly early one on an ‘S’, slightly less plush interior and simpler bumpers than later model. I had a T-plater like it years ago. I could never get hugely excited about it, and this would be just too much of a project for me. My hopeful acquisition of Datsuncherry’s Galant will be a more realistic challenge for me I think.Doubt it’s going to be cheap in any case – if it was local and for peanuts I’d probably take pity on it.

Guest greenvanman

Wish I could find one... mind you, I think I'll forget it until it's November and rainy, it's not really an intelligent time of year for me to expect a camper bargain.

No, probably not the best time of year, but sometimes bargains (esp. unfinished conversions etc) crop up on the Self Build MCC message board:http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=f6 ... howforum=2or if you want classic shite of the Sherpa/Commer kind, cheap MOT-less projects (and some extremely expensive stuff) can sometimes be found here:http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ccc ... /index.htmThe rest of the site ain't up to much - that Clark Cortez has been featured van of the week for about 5 years now!I seem to remember that someone was trying to get rid of a nice old '70s Toyota on Retro Rides not long ago. It needed a bit of work IIRC?

...it seems to me that old French tin really does look best in off-white...

I remember my first school trip to France in 1978. I was already a Deux Chevaux fan (long story...) so was in seventh heaven for the whole week, but my main memory of the cars is that 90% of them seemed to be beige... :D