Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Is this your last chance to buy a XM from a Citroen franchise? £395 is all it takes!

Posted Image

http://www.citroenmotorhouse.co.uk/sales.asp?Make=14&Model=188&Version=

Bit more info here if anyone is interested - been discussed on XM forum too. Looks good value - if I didn't have one already I would go to see it. :)

Ooo like the st200! not enough to pay that sort of readies for one though. are they really worth that or is he a chancer?

I thought all mk2 mondeos fell into the £500 price bracket these days

Snow covered "mystery car" auction. Looks like a Sierra to me.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0313516471

I've seen ST200s for under £2000, admittedly not as well presented as that one but he seems a bit of a chancer at over £4k. I've never seen those 'limited edition' badges on the tailgate and ashtray either, are those standard equipment? They look poundland.

Great old trucks, much better than the Cargo imho.

REALLY??? my ole 0710 was a fuggin nightmare, no power, no economy, shit steering( built my arm muscles up no end), feckin unreliable and the bastard thing tried to kill me at 20mph and crippled two other folk in its attempt...............My Cargo was like an Italian sports car in comparison...............though I do have a hankering for a D seried Transporter every now and again..... :shock:
Cargos are more pleasant to drive, in a bland, inoffensive kind of a way, but I don't find they're as well made as the D's, and they always feel very flimsy and plasticky to me (OK, not as plasticky as my Eurocargo, but then that went like poo off a spade and handled like a sports car so I could forgive it its crap interior). The D is a proper old-fashioned truck - yes it's heavy to drive (although I didn't find the steering all that bad except at a standstill) but to me that's all part of the experience (and a Cargo with no PAS is far worse). Ds have always felt to me like they are built to last for some reason - I realise that this was an illusion with most of them as the cabs rotted away in no time, but often it's subjective feelings like that that endear a vehicle to me. As for power, I found both my Ds had adequate power for what I used them for (although I never loaded either of them up to GVW I will admit). The thing I found hampered their performance the most was the 4-speed box, with its yawning gap between third and fourth. No they're not fast, but again, nor are the lesser Cargos (0809 and 0811). They trundle along happily enough though, and with 17.5" wheels on (it's got 16s in the pic) my yellow D would wind up to 70 unladen, which is as fast as I'd ever want to go in a D. I've never had any problems with reliability either, although I agree with you that they are a bit juicy compared to modern trucks. Brakes are a bit odd too, being air over hydraulic, but I got used to them eventually. How long ago did you have your D?
Far more years ago than I care to remember..May 1985 it was a 74 M plater if I remember correctly, fridge unit on the back...in fairness to it I dont think had the best of service when I got handed it. First day on the job and the hand brake let go and it rolled into the local Police station :shock: from there on it was in the garage almost every week until Jan 1986 when it tried to kill me......brakes, I had no problem with the system just the will they, wont they work ...........put the fear of the gods into you every time........... steering was ok once you were moving above 15mph, rust....RUST yup they did :lol: I agree they were the last of the old trucks and Mine was a shitter from start to finish and I prefered it to the Merc they had............D series =55mph Merc=43mph, the Dodge they ghad was by far the best, based on the Commando......that was V nice..and Yes I would have one now.so long as I was doing my own service work on it :D

On Autotrader 1990 BLUEBIRD 2.0 executive in Fleet

Advert reads

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1990, G reg. black, manual, Long MOT until Sept 09, leather electric seats, electric windows, alloy wheels, good condition for age, good spec, Trade Seller: M L Cars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone live near fleet could take a look at this ?

don't know how to link forom autotrader direct to the advert

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

On Autotrader 1990 BLUEBIRD 2.0 executive in FleetAdvert reads Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------1990, G reg. black, manual, Long MOT until Sept 09, leather electric seats, electric windows, alloy wheels, good condition for age, good spec, Trade Seller: M L Cars--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Anyone live near fleet could take a look at this ?don't know how to link forom autotrader direct to the advert http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

I live in Fleet,phoned the seller & going to have a look in 20 mins.He has warned me it has a noisy gearbox though :?

If it was the car in the photo it would be worth a look, but...

The picture is for illustration purposes - I will try and get some up over the weekend.

Here's the Bluebird,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The front of the bonnet has been blown over & is dull,& the n/s rear door is dented,although that'll probably push out.Doesn't look rusty,but I didn't look underneath.The interior's pretty good,the top of the centre armrest is missing,but everything seems to work.

The gearbox/transmission is a bit noisy,but I don't think it'll grind to a halt in the next few miles.The seller seems like an OK chap,but he knows these are sought after by Banger Racers & realises this may be where it ends up :(