Cars in Colour

BorniteIdentity

1 hour ago, motorpunk said:

That Alfa is bloody amazing! 
I’m not nuts on this Moggy colour, but it makes a pleasant change from the usual BRG and blues these tend to be specced in.

07C1E107-DD4A-4B50-A202-3F8104D71AD9.jpeg

Oh I don't know. That's a bit special, reckon I like that

5 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Are they normally black on the sill strengtheners? Might just be the colour playing tricks in me but didn't think they were usually that visible

Don't the later ones have a body kit which covers it? Trigger's is a pretty early one.

5 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Are they normally black on the sill strengtheners? Might just be the colour playing tricks in me but didn't think they were usually that visible

Those sill strengtheners are a strong contender for the 'once seen cannot be unseen' thread. Despite going back a long way with 1970s and 80s Folksfarkens, I'd never spotted them on the earlier cabs before. The bodykit did well to hide them later on. Covering them with black paint definitely tones them down significantly! They look a bit 'Bardot with a belly'...

20 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I'm pretty sure that Fantasy Green is what was called Atlantic Green on the Felicia. 

DSC00264.jpg.f25cde3c2a05e1d2fea8bee39a4cd9bd.jpg

6595148491_337d480c7f_b.thumb.jpg.d2170d3a9854cacc1b2c8ce329fd95ce.jpg

Aye that's the one. They must have changed the name. It's a shame Skoda didn't keep that colour for later models. I keep seeing the occasional Mk3 Fabia in yellow and I think it looks okay, I prefer a Mk1 though.

35 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Aye that's the one. They must have changed the name. It's a shame Skoda didn't keep that colour for later models. I keep seeing the occasional Mk3 Fabia in yellow and I think it looks okay, I prefer a Mk1 though.

Fantasy Green sounds more cheerful I guess. But they also had Pacific and Adriatic blues for the Felicia and Favorit so it was part of a theme I guess. 

9 hours ago, Yoss said:

Fantasy Green sounds more cheerful I guess. But they also had Pacific and Adriatic blues for the Felicia and Favorit so it was part of a theme I guess. 

Ford pretty much covered the seven seas ( and more) with their blues in the 70s and 80s. I had a Baltic blue Fiesta in 1982 , the year before it was Atlantic blue, it looked the same to me.