BMW 318. *Drawing NOW*

Jim Bell

I've had 3 of these. I bought them all on the same day .

V reg red 318i - Brilliant car I used for a my daily for a bit. Not fast but good all around. Would buy again. 

X reg 316i auto - 1 owner from new who was blind and never serviced it. New wings fitted and had full giffer JRG with caramac interior. Drove lovely after a new MAF was fitted and an engine flush and oil changed stop the oil light flashing. Sold it to my mates 82 year old grand dad who sharked me on the deal.

52 plate "golden goose" 320d with a new turbo, which failed to run correctly and made horrible wirring noises for a bit. Spent ages tinkering, 1 miles from the house it blew up and wouldn't start again. I sold it to a local lad who had it running a month or so later but I've never been able to bring myself to ask what was wrong.

All of them had the airbag light on.

Not discouraged I bought a 520i, which finally put me off BMW's for ever. Here they are best to worst.

14104370540_85857de492_z.jpg1 by cort16, on Flickr

14250221422_e512909f4a_z.jpgIMG_1107 by cort16, on Flickr

14317243233_184cee067d_z.jpgIMG_1113 by cort16, on Flickr

14573735233_8891e11660_z.jpgIMG_1069 by cort16, on Flickr

When i first came on AS I liked the way every vehicle and everybody was accepted with irreverent good humour regardless of what they it were, there was little genuine negativity but even without our departed troll this seems to be changing a little. Not for the better in my eyes. So what if it's not your bag? If we all liked the same stuff it would be just yet another car forum.

For what it's worth I APPROVE the rescue of a low spec 4-banger BMW from under some leaves. 

I've just spent the purchase price of this car on a set of tyres and a few other bits for my Subaru - who got the best deal, the man with new tyres or the man with a WHOLE EXECUTIVE GERMAN VEHICLE?

Conor informed me today that a mate of his cannot sell an E46 332i with long test, coilovers and an LSD for £400.

ENJOY!

I would question that strongly, given that the only factory e46 lsd was in the m3 and it's £700+ for the rear end all of which is needed to fit into a non m3.

Or maybe it has a £1000 quaife or kaaz lsd in it...

Or maybe it's welded.