Truck Shite

quicksilver

^^^^^^^ Those Mercs are total crap. Eddy used to drive one for a timber company.

EF... maybe not A, but shall we say Viewpoint? Funny how two people can see the same item so differently. 18t, Hiab, demountable flat, 10 years old... it was a pile of shit. (Don't mince about, Eddy, tell us what you really think! :lol: )

Shouldn't be any problem fixing the Pegaso Troner - just break out the 3" tall Spanish blokes, they'll fix it.

Truck_Tipper_Nissan_EBRO_L80_1-ful-1644_8666277097809.jpg

Another Iberian rarity, the Ebro L80. Not many sold here, and it was basically a Nissan anyway...

I remember on family trips to the Balearics in the 1990s, the airport used these in artic form to haul a trailer that was the transfer bus. I remember looking out the front window at the back of the cab and engine as we went along!

Also remember the Pegaso Comets still there at the time - lovely looking motors and something in common with the similarly-named Leyland:

pegasocomet.jpg

Anyways, the Club of Four cab is often pictured on Volvo, Saviem, Iveco/Magirus but the 4th I hadnt seen until recently:

Little Daf 1100 :)

4062838649_6f995f8296.jpg

I remember on family trips to the Balearics in the 1990s, the airport used these in artic form to haul a trailer that was the transfer bus. I remember looking out the front window at the back of the cab and engine as we went along!

I remember these too..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/copmanthorpe/4648387134/

We had those ERF ECS things with the MAN F2000 cab at Asda a few years back. 51 plates, they came off the asda tanker fleet.

IIRC they were 380 cummins, and punched well above their weight, I used to pull 44 tons quite regularly with them.

Unusually for a "pool" vehicle where nobody is allocated a particular truck and you just drive whatever happens to be there, which is the way it is at asda, I had the same ERF every day for 6 months because none of the pansies working there would drive them. "its an ERF, I'm not driving that, I want a scania or I'm going home!"

They had a great little magic trick. get it up to the speed limiter at 56mph, and set the cruise control. then you could press the accelerate cruise button and it would go up to about 60 mph or so. flying past the aforementioned scania. not really what you need on store deliveries, but very handy if you are trunking from south wales to wakefield and back every night.

When I was a kiddie in the 80s in Manchester I lived (more or less) opposite the old Geoffrey Reyner yard in Droylsden. They operated out of an old Mill back then. It's all houses now, ofcourse.

http://paulanderson.pikfu.net/set183842 ... 20946.html

I can recall seeing E-Series ERFs when they were brand new (square lights instead of round, that's how I use to recall them lol).

2edv22w.jpg

Also, when I was into Mantas I was friendly with a dude from Cornwall who was a partner in a transport co. They had stash of classic lorries. Haven't spoken to him in years and I can only find one ikkle picture;

2nkoyfk.jpg

Was that Paul Newport? The Guy Big J is still in the yard in Penzance

It was, I think, Andrew Newport's first lorry-

4812808597_ffd536513e_z.jpg

along with several other relics

5300874983_d40041e9b7_z.jpg

4812173144_dec1b51729_z.jpg

4816526640_957b43b2de_z.jpg

4817565056_e24f0cc58b_z.jpg

5293490040_0d337b401a_z.jpg

I had the same ERF every day for 6 months because none of the pansies working there would drive them. "its an ERF, I'm not driving that, I want a scania or I'm going home!"

This attitude doesn't surprise me at all, I'll drive anything for £9 an hour and be happy for the work. mind you, ASDA Magna Park is one of the most depressing places to have to deliver to, sitting in a waiting room whilst having to endure the bullshit talked by some drivers is absolute torture.

Great find there. The opening parapgraph is brilliant:

As a youngster, I used to write to most of the truck manufacturers around the world, asking for sales brochures/literature for their various models. Most were obliging, and I used to receive packages from far and wide. Some even went to extremes.

It took quite a bit of explaining to my parents when the local Leyland dealer turned up with a demonstrator!

Found some of these in my Photobucket whilst looking for a picture I had of another motor.

I took them at various shows and events during 2010.

I now see what the term 'over-restored means.

324.jpg

327.jpg

329.jpg

335.jpg

377.jpg

Unusual bonneted Iveco at Ingliston

100_2352.jpg

I used to enjoy working on these. I was the workshop 'laddie' or 'fuckabout' if you will.

091.jpg

We had a C series with an LT10, a couple of E8's with a Cummins (one was plated at 38 tonnes!), but my favourite was our E14 with vertical Emonox. After that was smashed, the engine was transplanted into another E8, but the Eminox was not included in that :(

12062011405.jpg

We also had a shunter artic one of these with a Rolls 265 on it. Clutch was on its way out though so never saw the road again despite it being a solid motor.

Unusual bonneted Iveco at Ingliston

100_2352.jpg

Meant to check up on this, 'cos I was told it was an Aussie Iveco, and had the 14L Cummins in it. Apparently you can't get those in Aus any more. This is one of the Dutch-built ones with the usual choice of Cursor motor, and probly a bastard ZF Ass-Tronic. Still impressive tho'!

Shame they haven't got the alternative web address displayed on them any more: "weshiftsh.it" Perfect addy for what they do!

Had to Google what EFA means, but now I see what you did there :lol:

I am lucky enought to sit next ot a big window in my Office on Dalry Road in Edinburgh.

This roars past almost every day:

5259756187_4cd56aa7e8.jpg

P1030801 - 2010-05-10 by VV773, on Flickr

By the sound I'd say it was a Rolls 265 in it. (Not my pic by the way)

Seems almost exclusively contracted to recover Edinburgh Council vehicles. Think I've seen it with a Lothian bus or two on its back also.

Its a beauty! :mrgreen:

Saw this a few weeks back - epic!

Seems almost exclusively that these lovely old motors sit and rot because the owners want silly money for them.

Fair enough every man has his price, but what good can come of it!

On a more positive note, I remember many years ago my friend's dad's haulage yard was full of really old lorries, long dead with vast decay, cabs almost completely dissolved. But somehow, years later several of them appeared on the rally circuit, fully restored. Dont know how he did it but good on him! A Seddon 32/4 and Albion Clydesdale tractor unit were 2 notable ones :D