Dollywobbler's Dead Rover 600 - Replacement sorted

dollywobbler

If you were closer to me I might have come down and chopped a couple of repair sections out of this to help me fix mine, although chances are these are all rusty on the backs of the sills now. No metalwork seems to be available for them.

If you were closer to me I might have come down and chopped a couple of repair sections out of this to help me fix mine, although chances are these are all rusty on the backs of the sills now. No metalwork seems to be available for them.

Aye. It is rusty. My finger went through the sill when I was (pointlessly) washing it last week. Rimmer Brothers has entire body sides for something like £276! That might be a bit overkill though.

Driver's side is ok. Passenger one bit bashed about. Effectively, my ownership of this car has ceased, but I doubt it'll be scrapped any time soon. There's no rush when values are so low. Both front window mechanisms seem in good health too, so it'd be a shame for those to be binned. I can pass on details of the garage if folk want to enquire directly, though they're pretty rushed. I imagine folk would have to come and get themselves - which is where the location starts being a bit of a pisser! There is a very nice B&B near the car, and the owner has an Austin 3-Litre so make a holiday of it!

Whoa! I've found the perfect* vehicle! Check out this fantastic Nissan Skyline.

14183955_677102855799056_713989428143664

It's a diesel. Non-turbo. About 88bhp. IDEAL! It is at least six cylinders. Oh, and it's in Japan.

Would make for an Epic collection thread though........

• Like 3

Whoa! I've found the perfect* vehicle! Check out this fantastic Nissan Skyline.

14183955_677102855799056_713989428143664

It's a diesel. Non-turbo. About 88bhp. IDEAL! It is at least six cylinders. Oh, and it's in Japan.

OMG that's a total honey. Love the wheels.

post-5612-0-81313800-1473362128_thumb.png

And I can't imagine it being any easier from Wales. Coalnotdole, you got that boat of yours finished yet? Reckon it could do Japan and back on a tank of fuel?

• Like 3

Pretty much the only thing wrong with the Skyline is not being called Cedric.

Except for the LS400 these '90s luxo barges leave me cold. They all seem to be about what luxury stuff can be stuffed into otherwise pretty ordinary cars. Sod luxury, give me comfort, space, silence. And no leather.

Pretty much the only thing wrong with the Skyline is not being called Cedric.

Except for the LS400 these '90s luxo barges leave me cold. They all seem to be about what luxury stuff can be stuffed into otherwise pretty ordinary cars. Sod luxury, give me comfort, space, silence. And no leather.

I think this is why I haven't bought anything yet. The blandness of some of these cars does scare me a bit. I don't do well with tedious. I've already absolutely ruled out anything silver (silvery gold is ok), and grey is out too. The LS400 somehow manages to at least appear interesting compared to a lot of other stuff. I reckon it's because the indicators are in the bumper - the RAV and Nippa also have this trait.

I had a Nissan QX (1996) 2litre V6 for three years, sold it in 2007.  The engine was the silkiest unit I've ever experienced, even better than my E28 BMW 520i, and a reliable chain driven cam as well.  I preferred the non-leather interior of mine rather than the usually sought after leather clad versions.  They are very quiet, comfortable cruisers and generally painless to own, though I had teething troubles with mine which dealers could not fix......it was slow on the starter and kept flooding.  After dealers' unsuccessful attempts at fixing it (3 x FTP), I replaced the starter with a new one and it was then trouble free.  Characterful they are not.  It is a common criticism of cars in this sector.