Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

This Kangoo's been sat on four flat tyres on my road for nearly a year now, it moved once or twice when I first saw it appear but hasn't since.  On Friday, a note appeared on the windscreen so its days are numbered.

Seems mad, 55 is new!  Mind you, MOT history shows it's got 265,000 on the clock although it looks like it was well cared-for, not many failures and it currently has Alfa Romeo seats.  I might shove a note under the wiper, if it's going, I would like the seats out of it!

Tax and MOT ran out nearly a year ago so it's done well to survive this long on a public road, albeit one that isn't very busy.

attachicon.gif20170122_123838.jpg

attachicon.gif20170122_123221.jpg

It disappeared today, on the plus side that's another parking space on the road gained back.

• 2 weeks later...

An old style Jeep Cheroke v293 sac has been parked since autumn last year in roughly the same place, I thought it was being used, now with a flat tyre moved into unofficial parking spaces for local flats.  The rear tyre is flat but I really like the thing.  Shockingly it shows as out of mot and tax since December and June respectively!  Now I got clamped after 2 months of not having valid tax, this joker hasn't had any for 8 months, what's the betting the v5 is still in the original owners name?

I'll take my phone with me and take a pic tomorrow. 

This dumped outside my sisters house for 2 months now. Not MOT, No Insurance, Someone was kind enough to SORN it though. Barnstaple council couldnt give a shit, car is unlocked. Probably just needs someone to drag it 100foot so it blocks the entrance to Barney Rubble Police Station - which you can even see in the background of the top pic Fuckin LOL

Normally couldnt care less but parking is a fucking nightmare due to hospital workers / visitors abusing the road + if it was mine then I just know that the Doovla and Police would be all over me like a fucking cheap argos duvet

etc etc

post-3439-0-65597600-1486753020_thumb.jpg

post-3439-0-01118400-1486753025_thumb.jpg

Cough EX31 1NY

There has been a 55 plate Audi A4 parked on The Highway (just past Glamis Road heading into London) since well before Christmas. Rear lights are now missing as are the headlight washers over the last couple of weeks. No photos as I'm on my motorbike, but I will get some next week.

What's strange is that it is on a red route and has no parking tickets on it, and its been a bit of a hazard during rush hour (ie 18 hours a day).

• 3 weeks later...

This dumped outside my sisters house for 2 months now. Not MOT, No Insurance, Someone was kind enough to SORN it though. Barnstaple council couldnt give a shit, car is unlocked. Probably just needs someone to drag it 100foot so it blocks the entrance to Barney Rubble Police Station - which you can even see in the background of the top pic Fuckin LOL

Normally couldnt care less but parking is a fucking nightmare due to hospital workers / visitors abusing the road + if it was mine then I just know that the Doovla and Police would be all over me like a fucking cheap argos duvet

etc etc

attachicon.gif20170210_173639.jpg

attachicon.gif20170210_173704.jpg

Cough EX31 1NY

fucking thing is still there, Barnstaple council sayz it is ok to have a car with no mot, tax nor insurance innit

edited to add it is sorn now but on public road so that means jack. :)

There's been a right old curiosity at Toddington services for the last 4 months or so:

post-19618-0-17745200-1489323257_thumb.jpg

I stop there probably three times a week to sleep for 15 minutes, as I'm doing 14 hour days and 160 miles.  As the pilot of an Avensis myself, it's comforting to park next to a fellow motorist with excellent taste.

Obviously it stood out like a fart in a lift with the Irish plates and the moss on the ground.

After about 3 months of being intrigued by it (and even posting on here) I realised there was a business card on the dashboard.  I text the chap on Friday, and he called me back immediately.  They remove a lot of cars from Toddington, and remembers it clearly.  It was an Irish family over for Christmas, and the clutch went.  They dragged it to Toddington, and they finished their journey with out it.  

If it was cheap, I'd have bought it - mainly out of pity for the poor thing.  After all, it's patiently waited outside (at Toddington!) for months for its owners to come back, but it's just been left.  Like a dog outside a newsagent.

Sadly, it's not going to work out.

1. It's a diesel.  Clutches on these don't leave a lot of change from £1000.
  2. No keys - no owner details.  So I'd have to get it dragged to a garage for the clutch, and the keys whilst not actually the owner
  3. Go through the faff of trying to import a car that I didn't actually buy nor have any paperwork for.
  4. All of this on top of £330 to the recovery company.

Sadly, it's the end of the road for this one.  A shame - they're bloody great at being cars.

Being a romantic old fool, I'll try and get a pic of them together tomorrow - because it's being removed this week.

I know it is a case of simple economics, but it always makes me a bit sad when a car meets the end of the road over a wear and tear item like a clutch.

Yep.  It's just a consumable after all.

Sadly, with dual mass fly wheels and the like - it's very easy for a car to be "beyond economic repair".  But (and we've had this argument on here just this month) there's a strong defence for replacing a clutch on a car you know - rather than replacing it with the unknown.

I guess they've weighed up getting it replaced and transported home vs replacing the car (which undoubtedly happened immediately) and just decided they'd leave it where it is.  There are still personal effects in the car which added to my curiosity about the car, but I guess shit happens.

Hiab it away as spares?

I would make them an offer for it if you wanted it, If they have got to shift it anyway all it's worth is it's weight unless they have somewhere to break it. The recovery place usually have the keys in situations like this as the car is signed over to them as payment for shifting it.

Hiab it away as spares?

I would make them an offer for it if you wanted it, If they have got to shift it anyway all it's worth is it's weight unless they have somewhere to break it. The recovery place usually have the keys in situations like this as the car is signed over to them as payment for shifting it.

No keys.  I asked, he said "Just £120 to get a new one".  Which is 50% accurate.  

I'm an overly sentimental fool, particularly when it comes to cars. But I don't honestly think I could bring myself to just abandon my car, regardless of it costing more than it's value to have it brought home. I guess cars to most people are just white goods.

I drive a mk1 Focus, as some know. It's old, high mileage (to most people) and practically worthless. It's also taken me all over the country, been there for me through some shocking times and provides me with an instant escape whenever I need it. Which I seem to on a regular basis. Despite being simply a collection of metal and plastic, it means a lot to me. Again, stupid I know...

I'm an overly sentimental fool, particularly when it comes to cars. But I don't honestly think I could bring myself to just abandon my car, regardless of it costing more than it's value to have it brought home. I guess cars to most people are just white goods.

I drive a mk1 Focus, as some know. It's old, high mileage (to most people) and practically worthless. It's also taken me all over the country, been there for me through some shocking times and provides me with an instant escape whenever I need it. Which I seem to on a regular basis. Despite being simply a collection of metal and plastic, it means a lot to me. Again, stupid I know...

^^^ WHS. I feel exactly the same about my motors.