C&PR Railway Visit - Driver for a fiver mug shots!

Six-cylinder

we could recreate the top gear race to the north. A train driven by shiters, a bus or 4 full of shiters and a convoy of shite on the roads. First one to get to volvoland wins!

• 4 weeks later...

We have been to Chinnor Railway this afternoon and watched there latest steam engine return. The best bit was watching as the action to prep it for the next trip.

post-4787-0-67083200-1459106372_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-84672900-1459106376_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-65198500-1459106381_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

1 Six-cylinder

2 Richard

3 Dollywobbler

4 richardmorris

5 strangeangel

6 hairnet

7 mat_the_cat

8 bub2006

9 sloth in a bowl

10The Moog

11Conkerman

12 beko1987 and possible child

13 Fat_Pirate

14 Arthur foxhake

15 chaseracer

16 wuvvum

17 willswitchengage

18 Trigger

19 Cortinaboy

20 Dermist

21 Angrydicky

22 Skizzer

23 binhoker668

24 RobT

25 davidfowler2000

26 cms206

27 Semi-C

28 quicksilver

29AnthonyG

30Catsinthewelder

31 Nibblet

32 Ruffgeezer

33 Cheggers

34 Essexman

35 Beko's mate Dan

36 Wife of Pillock

37 For Fiats Sake

38 FPB7

39 Pillock

40 Vin

41 Cleon-Fonte

42 doobietoo

43 EssDeeWon

Children are welcomed by the Railway, 0-2 Free, 3-15 £7.00, adult £15.00.

Is this "The Railway Visit" list complete?

Our visit to the Chinnor and Princess Risborough railway approaching so I think it is time to start gathering in the money. My preference is to gather the money using paypal but I can accept bank transfers if needed. Please PM me with you request for my paypal or bank details and I will PM you back with them. Please can you make sure your forum name is on any paypal or bank transfer transactions you send me so I can reference them and mark you as paid.

Remember that Shitefest has its own thread/list which I will use to send out direction to our field.

Oooh that time already, if better sell a dyson and get back to you, skint atm, just come back from holiday, and I'm paying 3x adults and 1x child! (my dad wants to Come, and he's not on the list, but I presume that wont be a problem? Or do you want his non list payment seperatly?)

I may need to add Mrs DW and other family members to the list (including my utterly train-mad 3-yo nephew). We're still planning for it, so bear with us!

Oooh that time already, if better sell a dyson and get back to you, skint atm, just come back from holiday, and I'm paying 3x adults and 1x child! (my dad wants to Come, and he's not on the list, but I presume that wont be a problem? Or do you want his non list payment seperatly?)

I think the best way is for Autoshiters bringing guests is to update the list showing how many adults and children will be in their party including themselves. Then one payment will be best for me.

• Like 1

I may need to add Mrs DW and other family members to the list (including my utterly train-mad 3-yo nephew). We're still planning for it, so bear with us!

No problem.

With me having appallng memory skills can I have a price again and for what? Sorry for being dense.

Railway Visit, 0-2 Free, 3-15 £7.00, adult £15.00.

Any recommendations?  :)

That is the hardest question I have been asked, as I have never stayed locally or had to arrange for others to do so. The real answer is I have no recommendations I can offer.

My grandparents once stayed at the days Inn at oxford services and said it was ok, prob getting on for 10 miles away though. Theres a Travelodge in aylesbury but again, prob 10 miles or a holiday in at wycombe, but that's 14 miles away

My grandparents once stayed at the days Inn at oxford services and said it was ok, prob getting on for 10 miles away though. Theres a Travelodge in aylesbury but again, prob 10 miles or a holiday in at wycombe, but that's 14 miles away

For those attending Shitefest then Buckingham is the target and Milton Keynes is about 10 miles away.

OK thanks. Sorry but no cash spare till next week. Will that be OK?

No problem, there is still 7 weeks to go. I have started collection now so members have time to gather the funds and I don't have to try and collect all the money in the last few days.

I've stayed at the Premier Inn at Milton Keynes and it was - well, it was a Premier Inn. Comfy bed, friendly staff, good if pricey breakfast, slightly lacking in romance. Would again (indeed might).

No problem, there is still 7 weeks to go. I have started collection now so members have time to gather the funds and I don't have to try and collect all the money in the last few days.

Thanks chap. I'll PayPal next week.

Any recommendations?  :)

travelodge in buckingham isnt too bad and if you get 3 or 4 in the room (they have a sofa and or pull out usually)

not so bad and its under 2 miles to SHITEFEST

book it fairly sharpish as they can charge 75+ for it - i swerved it the last time and stayed in northampton for 29 lol

theres places at silverstone near the circuit or towcester which also isnt far away

booking.com is your friend but home counties after end of may = millions

airbnb is worth a shout (staying in peoples houses) so late nighters at the campsite and back to them might not be ok :P

^^^^  Best I can do WSE . . .

At last we have been offered a date by the C&PR Railway for an exclusive visit.

We have been offered Saturday 25th June 2016.

We need about 35 (they can take up to 65) to take the railway over, for me to judge if we can raise enough people I have produced a list, so please can you add yourself to the list if there is a good chance you will join in with this trip. The likely cost (yet to be confirmed) is £15.00 per adult. Arrivals at the railway from 11.00am.

If this date works then we will open our field up to Shitefest 2016.

Proposed Itinerary

Starting off with a freshly prepared light lunch in the railway's dining cars, we'll take a trip down the line to Horsenden Lane in W55023, a 1960 heritage 'bubble car' with twin AEC engines and an all round view of the countryside.

On our return, there will be a walking tour of the railway yard and the opportunity to get 'up close and personal' with steam, diesel and electric rolling stock, both in service and under restoration. You will be able to climb inside locomotive cabs and perhaps even walk through the engine bay of Class 31163, a mainline diesel locomotive!

For those who have always wanted to have a go at driving a locomotive, the 1953 diesel shunter 'Haversham' (13018/D3018/08011) will be on hand to offer 'Driver for a Fiver' driving turns up and down the platform, between the home signals. £5 in the donation bucket will get you a great 'thrash' up and down the platform, supervised by the C&PRR's friendly traincrew.

The fully operational Chinnor Signal Box will be open to take a look around and those feeling strong can have a go at pulling the levers!

The Tea Room will remain open for light refreshments and also the Station Shop, offering gifts for adults and children alike, a wide selection of transport books and Bachmann model trains.

The railway car park will then provide plenty of space to park up our cars for individual and group photographs, to record the occasion, before we close the day and head home.

The Railway has facilities for the less able-bodied and the station platform, WC, dining coaches, W55023 'bubble car' and lower part of the railway yard are all accessible to wheelchairs and pushchairs.

I had anticipated Shitefest 2016 will open on the Friday and stragglers leave Monday. However if anybody wants to camp for longer either side of the event I don't see that as a problem, just let me know.

Our visit to the Chinnor and Princess Risborough railway approaching so I think it is time to start gathering in the money. My preference is to gather the money using paypal but I can accept bank transfers if needed. Please PM me with you request for my paypal or bank details and I will PM you back with them. Please can you make sure your forum name is on any paypal or bank transfer transactions you send me so I can reference them and mark you as paid.

Remember that Shitefest has its own thread/list which I will use to send out direction to our field.

Railway Visit, 0-2 Free, 3-15 £7.00, adult £15.00.

http://www.chinnorrailway.co.uk/article.php/2/visit-the-railway

Also, Six-cylinder will PM exact location of his SF16 field of dreams nearer the time.

HTH

• Like 1

Family events and things are starting to conspire against me and it looks like I am now unable to attend this or Shitefest. Am unhappy...

I seem to be also on the list and as such unable to make Shitefest this year due to best man wedding plans (out off all the weekends in the year...). I'm quite pissed off TBH

I seem to be also on the list and as such unable to make Shitefest this year due to best man wedding plans (out off all the weekends in the year...). I'm quite pissed off TBH

yeah

pay the money :P

• Like 1